Brewers "Beast(s)" Couldn't Beat St. Louis Cardinals

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now that the Brew Crew have crapped the bed in the NLCS I can say it! I think the D-Backs would've won against the Cardinals had they gotten past the "Beast(s)"!!! And for the record I hope D-Backs pitchers next year remember the Brewers who decided to do the "Beast" toward their dugout & get there jerseys nice and dirty, ya losers bring on 2012!!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was full #badnewsbearsmode for Mil last night. People were even crying. Go cards!!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Not just because I am a Cardinal fan, but they are a team of destiny right now and I don't believe any team in NL would've beat them.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Yeah mon, certainly not the Diamondbacks....Hello we beat the Phillies to get the Brewcrew. 30-13 in there last 43...do the math. We were the best team playing in the NL at seasons end and playoffs. I don't see the Dbacks taking them...although they were good. Texas ill be tough to beat. Hungry for a WS championship after losing last season to the Giants. If anyone can get it done it is the team of destiny. That is the Cardinals.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Go Rangers.

Traitor. How can you root against the Cardinals? :)

It will be a weird Series. My favorite baseball team vs my favorite American League team.

However, I shouldn't still be a Cardinal baseball fan because if it weren't for them I wouldn't have suffered for years as a Cardinal football fan.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Traitor. How can you root against the Cardinals? :)

It will be a weird Series. My favorite baseball team vs my favorite American League team.

However, I shouldn't still be a Cardinal baseball fan because if it weren't for them I wouldn't have suffered for years as a Cardinal football fan.
Even though I live within a few miles of Wrigley, I am pulling for the Cardinals in this series. Don't tell my Cubfan neighbors.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go Rangers !!! (Family in Texas, plus I cannot root for LaRussa)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Having crossed the Mississippi thirty-three years ago to move 2400 miles to Phoenix . . . and being a National League fan since 1952 . . . I am of course rooting for the Cardinals, since the D'backs were eliminated.

I know a lot of fans tend to root against our regular season rivals, but I'll take them over a team from the American League anytime.

Go, guys in red. I just wish they would stick with the red hats on the road.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Way to go Cardinals:

Thanks to the extra revenue generated by the Cardinals' trip to the World Series, St. Louis employees won't have to take any mandatory furloughs this year. Mayor Francis Slay told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Friday that due "to the incredible run to the World Series" by the Cards, furloughs have been canceled.
the city of St. Louis drafted a financing plan for the team to construct the new stadium in downtown St. Louis

The (Busch III) stadium was financed through private bonds, bank loans, a long-term loan from St. Louis County, and money from the team owners.

A little bonus to the city for helping build the new stadium.

Rats

Reaction score
Way to go Cardinals:

A little bonus to the city for helping build the new stadium.

Yep, and maybe it helps them keep Pujols...he was unreal tonight...pay him....I mean right now Dewitt...GO OPEN THE BANK YOU OWN AND PAY HIM IN GOLD DABLOONS...HE IS THE MAN!!!!:D

Rats

Reaction score
I am going to wear my Pujols jersey to church tomorrow because I can not refute with any real evidence that he is not God:) Had the same reaction with Kurt Warner...;)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet he stayed to talk with reporters since things went well for him too. :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, and maybe it helps them keep Pujols...he was unreal tonight...pay him....I mean right now Dewitt...GO OPEN THE BANK YOU OWN AND PAY HIM IN GOLD DABLOONS...HE IS THE MAN!!!!:D

DOUBLOONS :cool:

BIM

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I bet he stayed to talk with reporters since things went well for him too. :D

Who was that guy that looked just like Albert that was talking to reporters on the field after the game?

OK I just checked idbm.com and it was his stunt double Rolando Cantu.

Attachments

• 090628_ROLANDO-CANTU_037-w600.jpg
    090628_ROLANDO-CANTU_037-w600.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 27