Brandon Knight 2018-19 thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is he then? A Shooting Guard? We already have a pretty good one. :)

Knight playing backup Shooting Guard? Does he have the skill to be a point-a-minute man?

With some minutes as backup Point Guard? Does he have the skill to be a distributor?

I'd be happy if the Suns got some positive input from Knight no matter what the position. The Suns owe him approximately $30 million over the next two seasons.

It would be huge if he could be productive as a starting PG but I'm not counting on it. If Knight struggles, the Suns might consider using him as a secondary PG or a backup SG. Knight's stats indicate he is a capable distributor but I think this needs to be combined with good decision making.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My take was Earl Watson used him as his whipping boy. Based on what was said in the papers, then watching Knight do what his coach supposedly wanted him to do, then he gets pulled for playing how we asked him. Before Watson, Knight did have some good seasons. I am hoping the coaching change and Knight being healthy will equate to good play again. I just think in hindsight, Watson was not a very good coach.

notdeadyet

Reaction score
I only saw him as a Milwaukee Buck under Kidd. Good defender and scorer. If other guys can pass better than him, let them set up the offense, and use him as more of a scorer. Its more about all 5 guys understanding the role Coach wants them to play. Worked for Kidd...

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I only saw him as a Milwaukee Buck under Kidd. Good defender and scorer. If other guys can pass better than him, let them set up the offense, and use him as more of a scorer. Its more about all 5 guys understanding the role Coach wants them to play. Worked for Kidd...

Are we talking about Brandon Knight?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Are we talking about Brandon Knight?
In Milwaukee he looked almost All Star caliber. That was the big appeal when we got him. He did very well the first year here. Then the nightmare for both him and us began.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
In Milwaukee he looked almost All Star caliber. That was the big appeal when we got him. He did very well the first year here. Then the nightmare for both him and us began.

Oh I know that, but I was referring to the "good defender" comment. I'll admit to not being the expert on Knight, but I don't recall him being anything close to a good defender.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn