Bitcoin

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Celsius is down over 96% from its high so it's basically a zombie coin or whatever it is. It'll likely feed on the remaining dip buyers before somebody puts it down Walking Dead style.

And crypto is highly correlated to speculative growth stocks that got smashed. Crypto is clearly impacted by interest rates and liquidity.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Celsius is down over 96% from its high so it's basically a zombie coin or whatever it is. It'll likely feed on the remaining dip buyers before somebody puts it down Walking Dead style.

And crypto is highly correlated to speculative growth stocks that got smashed. Crypto is clearly impacted by interest rates and liquidity.

I still only pay attention because our nephew has BTC and I'm hoping he won't lose all his money. I know he bought it earlier, he had it in 2018 and had owned it before then so I assume he's still ahead right now. But he was very anti stock and he works for the state so he has no 401K just the state retirement plan. he was in the military so he gets benefits that way and if he stays with the state long enough that will actually work out well. The problem is like everyone else, Calpers is heavily invested in the markets and way down so there's always concern people who depend on that for retirement will get screwed. He's young though 31.

He is convinced he will retire a multi millionaire in his 40's due to BTC. I hope he's right, I fear he's very wrong.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
They're both driven by the same something-for-nothing thinking. An asset will go up for no reason other than it has gone up in the past.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
23,230.90 right now. I have no money in it but I am guessing many 20 and 30 years olds are:

You must be registered for see images

I don’t have a dime in it, but it’s closing in on 21 range quick.

Everything falling and honestly kind of excited. I’ve been prepping and saving since 08 for the next big dip

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t have a dime in it, but it’s closing in on 21 range quick.

Everything falling and honestly kind of excited. I’ve been prepping and saving since 08 for the next big dip
Been waiting since 08 for the next big crypto crash eh? Not sure if the reward will be quite as lucrative as the first run... Time will tell.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been waiting since 08 for the next big crypto crash eh? Not sure if the reward will be quite as lucrative as the first run... Time will tell.

Oh no no no not crypto at all my bad I’m talking stocks.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
A guy I went to HS with was trying to convince me to get BTC or just crypto in general months ago as a "hedge against inflation." I told him the same thing I've said here I don't invest in what I don't understand and I still don't get what value it has beyond being scarce. He kept saying decentralized, not impacted by inflation or the overall market. I don't get it the last time BTC cratered was during a market sell off.

In theory it's NOT connected to stocks but clearly it impacted by them, when consumer sentiment is bad, crypto tanks, and usually more than stocks

I'm the opposite of you. I understand it and that's why I'm not in it. I think there's too many millennial and gen z like your nephew that don't fully understand it but bought into the hype. All I ever hear from the cryptobros is soundbites like "hedge against inflation" without being able to talk to how or why. It's really WSB mentality run wild. So glad I never bought the hype.

As for my crypto holding I'm down almost 50%. I have $5.02 left from $10 worth of BTC I got from Aaron Rogers when Cash app did one of those "tweet me and I'll send you BTC" promotions. :)

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm the opposite of you. I understand it and that's why I'm not in it. I think there's too many millennial and gen z like your nephew that don't fully understand it but bought into the hype. All I ever hear from the cryptobros is soundbites like "hedge against inflation" without being able to talk to how or why. It's really WSB mentality run wild. So glad I never bought the hype.

As for my crypto holding I'm down almost 50%. I have $5.02 left from $10 worth of BTC I got from Aaron Rogers when Cash app did one of those "tweet me and I'll send you BTC" promotions. :)

Check out this Web 3 investor get challenged on a use case for blockchain.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Check out this Web 3 investor get challenged on a use case for blockchain.

Wow was that bad. I've only head one blockchain idea so far that I think might have merit and that's the stock market. The gist of it is that you have all shares on a blockchain. Then it's a blockchain transaction every time you buy or sell.

It was being sold on two big benefits. The first being that it's faster than the current system and we could change T+2 to be almost instant. The other being that would create a solid record of who owns what so that we can better enforce things like naked shorting. Both seem like they could be good benefits but I really need to look into it more. I'm sure there's a con or two that they guy that was pumping the idea left out.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Said F**** 18, 17 here we come!

At this point I’m expecting 10k by Tuesday

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do you think it bottoms out at
First target is 12k. Next is 6k. With the volatility among all assets currently, I could see a flush down the 6k and a retest of 12k that will serve as resistance.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's nothing to value bitcoin so all you have is charts and they look bad.

You must be registered for see images attach

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's nothing to value bitcoin so all you have is charts and they look bad.

You must be registered for see images attach
Throw out valuation in this environment. It's a no holds barred market right now when volatility gets unhinged IMO. Nice trend line though...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Went into the mid 17s then jumped right to the mid 20s

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose