Bill Bidwill to be inducted into Cards Ring of Honor

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I hate ROH threads because it reminds me of the ineptitude of one of the most important, productive and overall badass players in franchise history not being inducted because he was a hothead at the wrong time. Let bygones be freaking bygones.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I hate ROH threads because it reminds me of the ineptitude of one of the most important, productive and overall badass players in franchise history not being inducted because he was a hothead at the wrong time. Let bygones be freaking bygones.
Yeah, that was unfortunate and a long time ago. His play spoke for itself. He needs to be up their.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
As a man, he did many things right, I like his principles,
his service to MY country, charity, but this is about football! and I will defend his ROH endorsement.

Born in Chicago, Bidwill and his elder brother Charles were adopted by Charles and Violet Bidwill, owners of the then-Chicago Cardinals.[3][4] Bidwill attended Georgetown Preparatory School, then enlisted in the U.S. Navy until 1956.

lil billy Bidwill the ball boy was is unique among his peers, can’t lose that many games if your team does not survive, as an original franchise. Cards command NFL history page shown here. lil Billy was there for most of it, while others withered and died. He forgot more about the NFL then most ever knew! could enter ROH as a fan.

he made hard choices others did not make and others did not survive. hard choices not only for the team, but for the NFL shield! He is as responsible for the success of the NFL as much as any person in history, bar none - protecting the NFL shield relentlessly - always sacrificing his favorite team, the cardinals!

he cheered cards since a ball boy and risked his own personal reputation, money and success. he owned the cardinal virtues in my signature- dive deep into that stuff, evaluate sportsmanship on those principles - and bill is way out of your league! Fortitude, justice, temperance, prudence!

Put a piece of crap like Jerry jokes in the pro football hall of fame, because he is popular, hell - every fringe inductee including Kurt Warner that stays on tv And NFL network gets in the hoF! while better, quiet, private inductees are left out! Argue as you want but it is the truth.

Jones money was never at risk, because the NFL was a sure thing, acts like he gamble so much buying the cowboys or on the the new stadium, NFL was a sure thing by that point because of Lil Billy Bidwill And others! But Bill was a principle, and took more lumps then any other, and that’s from his own fans! Shoulder that crap for a season , much less a long lifetime - then talk to me about courage.

cards survived 100 years traveling - without their own stadium, that deserves team honor! why? frugality of the owner? as city after city reneged on promises of home stadiums thus not allowing the owner to compete with richer teams.

Star players act like they got cheated? Didn’t like his frugality, but all players were paid fair, probably learned from his dad Charles‘ million dollar backfield, He paid stars and left the rest feeling cheated. I feel like many players don’t get the same value for more effort in todays NFL, so I agree with bill. He was always loyal to the whole.

fans feel they got cheated because of Bill’s frugality, it is his wealth at risk not yours, his life work, not yours, his burden not yours, his blessing and burdens, his name on enormous paychecks that now roll through Arizona. don’t like it start your own pro league - many have tried and many have died! Bill knew everyone of them by name - defunct teams and leagues! Many of them!

see it in golf again right now! Bill has honor and loved his cardinals, and the NFL shield. I fully appreciate his life well lived. There will never be another fan, ball boy, son of owners or owner like him. He is a get down and waller in the mud naked Arizona Cardinal football club fan, and earned every honor we can offer - NFL grew upon his shoulders.
that bird! Smushdown,
‘cardinal up and take it like a fan.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard