Big News for DBacks Fans

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Saw this in the Box Score today. I was busy glued watching the draft and am disapointed I missed this.

"DIAMONDBACK LEFTFIELDER ERIC BYRNES LEFT THE GAME AFTER THE SECOND INNING WITH A FRACTURED LEFT HAND SUSTAINED WHEN HE WAS HIT BY A PITCH."

Supposedly out 4-8 weeks. I don't know if those 4-8 weeks will be long enough... Maybe he can rehab for a while after recovering?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What the heck happened to Conor Jackson? Looks like Parra has a job for 2 more months

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Pretty bad luck for Byrnes. I knew he broke something when he got hit. The sound was just too thuddish. I'm not a doctor, I just play one when I watch TV.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
What the heck happened to Conor Jackson?
Valley Fever which led to pneumonia, while three successive doctors were mis-diagnosing it.

They say he won't be back to playing condition at all this season.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Like I said awhile back -- I got Valley Fever Pneumonia in 1987, was flat out non-functional for 2 months, and just exhausted for several months more. I couldn't return to full time work for almost six months total and was sleeping 12-14 hours a day at first.

I would have felt like a piker, except a guy where I worked had gotten it a year before and it went 'systemic' (one step past pneumonia) and almost died; he had to get medication straight into his cerebrospinal fluid and never was able to work again. Then in 2001 my sister got it, was misdiagnosed for a month or so, got pneumonia from it and then it went systemic, and she died from it.

So don't expect Conor to be back anytime before September, IF then.

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
Thats interesting I also had it in 1987. I was hospitalized for a week. They finally gave me a some high level drugs and I snapped out of it. For six weeks I had to go to the hospital for 3-4 times a week as an outpatient to get an IV. I am fortunate that it never came back. I was about the age of Conor when I had it. With the way the season is going theres probably no point in bringing him back this year. I am sorry to hear about your sister

AZZenny

Reaction score
Apparently at U of A they are studying genetic variations in susceptibility, since 95% of people who get it just think they have a short mild flu or a low-grade cold, if that. Obviously my gene pool is highly susceptible.

It never goes away 100%, I've been told, just lurks (in the lungs, usually) -- several of my physicians over the years have cautioned me not to take immuno-suppressants like prednisone on a long term basis.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose