Best way to get a top notch Defense?

Is Marmie the answer at DC?

• Yes. He's fine. Status Quo...

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • No. Way too many undeveloped high picks and questionable decisions.

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • SECTION 11, yer a jerk. You've always been a jerk. I hated ya then... and I hate ya more now.

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I voted for #3.

Well no, sh*t - was there really any other choice? YUMA BEEYATCH!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Fire Larry Marmie and hire a top-notch coordinator.

Interesting poll. Fire him because he was given almost zero talent and was sold on an offense that was going to play ball control and keep the D off the field. Or fire him because he called games too timidly and wasn't aggressive enough...especially the Eagles game.

Finally, what makes anyone think the Cards will get a top notch DC in here? They cannot even land mid-notch FAs when they offer top dollar I cannot imagine they will get a top notch DC to come here.

Oh well I thought about voting #3 :D but decided to vote #2 since while I believe in Marmie overall, his lack of aggression peeved me alot last year. Sell out even without the talent and at least go down fighting.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: Best way to get a top notch Defense?

Originally posted by AZCB34
Sell out even without the talent and at least go down fighting.

No doubt.

Is Joey Porter or Rosie Colvin really any faster than Thompson? Hell no. I think Marmie plays not to lose.
I'd rather see Buddy in charge. At least the 46 made some plays.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think that Marmie's the problem. I think the Mac's the one calling the shots on D, and letting the O do it's own thing, and he's the one at fault. I don't know why he got promoted to HC. He has a lot of personality, but he's Ds were only decent when he had high-quality personnel (Simeon, KLass, Aeneas, Wadsworth, Swann, etc.), and was not able to motivate these players after Tobin left, and didn't develop high-round draftees (Knight, Rutledge, etc.)

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
I don't think that Marmie's the problem. I think the Mac's the one calling the shots on D, and letting the O do it's own thing, and he's the one at fault. I don't know why he got promoted to HC. He has a lot of personality, but he's Ds were only decent when he had high-quality personnel (Simeon, KLass, Aeneas, Wadsworth, Swann, etc.), and was not able to motivate these players after Tobin left, and didn't develop high-round draftees (Knight, Rutledge, etc.)
<p>I don't agree with you kerouac9. Marmie had the same problem (lack of aggression on defense) when he was head coach at ASU. That's one of the reasons why he's no longer head coach.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
<p>I don't agree with you kerouac9. Marmie had the same problem (lack of aggression on defense) when he was head coach at ASU. That's one of the reasons why he's no longer head coach.

If that's true, then what is Mac doing? He's not orchestrating the Offense. According to you, he can't (or won't) help fix the Defense. If we're basically paying a motivational speaker to be the head coach, perhaps it's time for a regime change in southwest Tempe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn