Beats by Dre Appeal

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I dont get it.

Why do millionaire athletes purchase these things? They can afford the best of the best. Is it becuase they look cool? In the grand scheme of things, Beats are very mediocre on the performance headphones scale.

theres headphones that cost 3-4x as much as Beats that deliver a 3-4x better performance.

When I see a guy whos worth 100 million with Beats, its like seeing a millionaire drive around in a Honda Civic.

Are they good headphones? Yes, for us common folk.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to listen to the headphones you say are three to 4 times better than the studio beats that cost 399.00 Ii see these guys wearing? Because Ive heard them and they are about as top notch as they come. Something saying or claiming "better" would really be pushing it and no human ear could tell a freaking difference. Oh and Mulli's right very few probably even pay.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I have a pair of over the ear noise cancelling headphones from Altec Lansing. And I have used the Beats brand a couple of times. I'll keep my Altec Lansings.

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
I use too work for Best Buy for almost 6 Years...I personally think their pretty dam good...I kind of do think their a fashion statement...Its like I have watches that are almost 500-600 dollars...a piece..but I love my casio G Shocks..Awesome watches that can take a Beating..
:bang:

OP
OP
Bodha

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would like to listen to the headphones you say are three to 4 times better than the studio beats that cost 399.00 Ii see these guys wearing? Because Ive heard them and they are about as top notch as they come. Something saying or claiming "better" would really be pushing it and no human ear could tell a freaking difference. Oh and Mulli's right very few probably even pay.

Have you experienced a variety of performance headphones? compared to the headphones that come with your computer or MP3 player, Yeah, Beats sound pretty good.

But compared to a brand like Sennheiser, its not close. They make performance headphones upwards of around $1600.

You say that there has to be a peak that your ear can even register. And you are correct. But with Beats, believe it or not, you arent anywhere near that peak yet. it gets WAY better.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you have the $$ you've got to spend it on something. You can't save $$ your whole life w/o spending some.

OP
OP
Bodha

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Beats by Dre are the ****.. Quit being a headphone snob..

That is the correct reaction for WE PEOPLE.

Do you make 12 mill per year? No? Then Beats are perfect for you.

You guys are missing my point. Beats by Dre are awesome.

But there are WAY WAY better headphones that you will never experience, that are made for people who make a ton of friggin money.

My Q is, why do millionaire athletes buy Beats? Its like if Lebron drove around in a Honda Accord. Youd be like what the heck? He can afford a WAY nicer car.

same thing.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the correct reaction for WE PEOPLE.

Do you make 12 mill per year? No? Then Beats are perfect for you.

You guys are missing my point. Beats by Dre are awesome.

But there are WAY WAY better headphones that you will never experience, that are made for people who make a ton of friggin money.

My Q is, why do millionaire athletes buy Beats? Its like if Lebron drove around in a Honda Accord. Youd be like what the heck? He can afford a WAY nicer car.

same thing.

Well the Sennheisers don't look very light weight. They also don't look very good to wear if in a lay up line or tracking down a ball in WR drills..

Maybe you just forgot the practicality of why athletes wear Beats by Dre..

I never listened To Sennheishers but I have a hard time believing they are any better than Beats by Dre anyways..

OP
OP
Bodha

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well the Sennheisers don't look very light weight. They also don't look very good to wear if in a lay up line or tracking down a ball in WR drills..

Maybe you just forgot the practicality of why athletes wear Beats by Dre..

I never listened To Sennheishers but I have a hard time believing they are any better than Beats by Dre anyways..

It doesnt matter how they look, it matters how they are.

and Sennheiser is 1 example of many. Companies that specialize in performance headphones. Thats all they do.

Youve heard of Mercedes. Alot of people back in the day thought that was the pinnacle of luxury cars.

Have you ever heard of bugatti? Is there any question that Bugatti makes nicer cars than Mercedes? Can we also say that bugatti creates a product thats out of the price range of Mercedes owners? Bugatti makes very few cars, but each car is a masterpiece.

SAME FRIGGIN THING.

I dont care if you dont believe me. Im learnin you on this topic. Beats by Dre are nice headphones, but compared to the rest of the high performance headphones market, they are about a 6 out of 10.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Owned by Monster Cable. Enough said. You can get a better pair of studio headphones for less than half the price.

Gee, I have a 200 dollar HDMI cable to sell you by Monster too. It is gold plated. :p

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Owned by Monster Cable. Enough said. You can get a better pair of studio headphones for less than half the price.

Gee, I have a 200 dollar HDMI cable to sell you by Monster too. It is gold plated. :p

After 2012 Monster will not be connected with Beats any longer..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson