Bally Sports App?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking this also. Can't imagine the organization is happy about it
Well, the org decided to move the team to this obscure channel a long, long time ago. This is just another hurdle in a series of hurdles. If they were still on upn, during this run, you'd be seeing suns gear everywhere again. The hype is low when your hidden on tv.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine does too. I signed up with directv 4 years ago (give or take) and I haven’t been asked to upgrade my equipment.
I guess I have been lucky

I have been with DirecTV forever. I'm trying to nurse my old equipment along until I can figure out which way the television market is going to go. Everyone tells me it's not satellite but I keep getting $400 credit cards from Dish if I switch.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been with DirecTV forever. I'm trying to nurse my old equipment along until I can figure out which way the television market is going to go. Everyone tells me it's not satellite but I keep getting $400 credit cards from Dish if I switch.

All these streaming services just split satellite up into their own subscriptions. So now if you want them all, you have to pay multiple streaming services to cover what you used to get with DTV/satellite.

Usually i talk to customer service and ask if they have free upgrades or discounts for loyal service.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All these streaming services just split satellite up into their own subscriptions. So now if you want them all, you have to pay multiple streaming services to cover what you used to get with DTV/satellite.

Usually i talk to customer service and ask if they have free upgrades or discounts for loyal service.

I was thinking one of DirecTV or Dish would go away. They haven't, at least not yet.

Yeah, I call DTV every year when I get a big price increase and try to get it lowered. It's usually a lengthy process which I don't enjoy.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I got my direct TV price reduced from about $130 down to about $85 this past December. But, I had to downgrade the TV package plus he gave me a discount of some sort. But, he also said that after one year, I would lose that discount and the price would go back up to $106.00. Taking the lesser package did away with a lot of the extra sports programs that were included with the other package. I really only get ESPN 1 and 2 and Fox/Bally sports. Not much else, so when college football time comes around, I will have a lot less games to choose from.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the org decided to move the team to this obscure channel a long, long time ago. This is just another hurdle in a series of hurdles. If they were still on upn, during this run, you'd be seeing suns gear everywhere again. The hype is low when your hidden on tv.

I can't find any Suns gear when I go shopping. Everything I have is old.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working for me now.
I'm watching the replay of the yotes hockey game.

Could that have something to do with it not being a live game?

No need to block out games that have already been played...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After watching the Suns games on fox/balllys, i went ahead and purchased the Sling. The orange package plus the sports add-on. Nice to have espn, nbaTV back on. Looking ahead to the play-in games tonight and tomorrow. Promo saved some $$ too for the month.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Stay away from Dish. They're dying a very slow death. They don't carry Fox Sports AZ, or Ballys now, and there are other channels they don't offer either that are staples of cable/satellite coverage like AMC and HBO. They seem to always have a dispute with one of the local channels also and drop it for a month or two.

Even if they gave a $400 credit, that will disappear within 6 months of paying for a service that doesn't have half the channels you want. They nickel and dime you to death also, $10 for a DVR a month, $10 for an HD Receiver, $15 for your local channels. Its ridiculous. They used to be good but over the last 3 years or so they have fallen off a cliff. They outsourced their customer service recently as well, which was one of the last things that drove me away. I liked being able to call and solve problems with someone in minutes but now you are routed to India to someone who repeats everything you say and sticks to a script for all of their responses.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay away from Dish. They're dying a very slow death. They don't carry Fox Sports AZ, or Ballys now, and there are other channels they don't offer either that are staples of cable/satellite coverage like AMC and HBO. They seem to always have a dispute with one of the local channels also and drop it for a month or two.

Even if they gave a $400 credit, that will disappear within 6 months of paying for a service that doesn't have half the channels you want. They nickel and dime you to death also, $10 for a DVR a month, $10 for an HD Receiver, $15 for your local channels. Its ridiculous. They used to be good but over the last 3 years or so they have fallen off a cliff. They outsourced their customer service recently as well, which was one of the last things that drove me away. I liked being able to call and solve problems with someone in minutes but now you are routed to India to someone who repeats everything you say and sticks to a script for all of their responses.

Yeah, I'm not going to subscribe to Dish although I have an unopened envelope on my counter with a new offer. I bet it's another $400 credit card. The reason as you say, they don't offer the channels I want. When I do change I'm waiting for a streaming option that carries all the Arizona teams. Hopefully no new satellite dishes for me.

On a side note, one of my DirecTv receivers went out on Monday. I received a replacement via a delivery service today so I'm set to watch the Suns game on Sunday in my usual retreat. They assured me, no new contract.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m in the phx area today. Where to watch the game? We are vaccinated.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had been using Sling for the last years games as well as bally's app.

Where/how is the best way to get games this year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson