Ayton defense

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That was pretty good. He just needs consistency.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This might change your opinion of DA.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I don't think this is surprising for those that watched him closely. The main issue I have with him, and I think most others do, is his effort. It's even more frustrating to see how easily he gets it but doesn't consistently apply the effort on the floor.

Hopefully CP3 can help motivate him. I believe he played more motivated under Monty than Igor so it stands to reason that others can push him and get a positive result.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he does get winded, but most bigs, maybe no other bigs try to guard out on the perimeter like he does. Here is the fact, as a defender, he is a unicorn. There are very few players that defend 5 positions and do it effectively. For a big chasing guards around perimeter is going on to wear him out cardio-wise. It’s just going to happen. No changing that. Maybe we need to cut this kid a little break.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he does get winded, but most bigs, maybe no other bigs try to guard out on the perimeter like he does. Here is the fact, as a defender, he is a unicorn. There are very few players that defend 5 positions and do it effectively. For a big chasing guards around perimeter is going on to wear him out cardio-wise. It’s just going to happen. No changing that. Maybe we need to cut this kid a little break.

Making millions, no break for you.

He does get winded easily. Just watch him when anyone is shooting free throws. Doesn't matter what he did the sequence before.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Making millions, no break for you.

He does get winded easily. Just watch him when anyone is shooting free throws. Doesn't matter what he did the sequence before.
Is that a conditioning thing or just who he is? Not everyone can run all day like Shawn Marion or Mikal Bridges no matter how hard they train.

Btw. Did you all know that Shawn Marion has a twin sister named Shawnette?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every season I hope Ayton takes a step forward. If true, he should be pretty good entering the third season and be ready to help the franchise win. Hopefully Chris Paul can teach him where to receive the ball.

One concern for me, I'd like to see Ayton play with his arms more straight up on defense to prevent cheap fouls which get him out of the game early.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave