Awesome experience

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
As I've mentioned before, a scout for Jacksonville dates my wife's sister. Turns out he was here in Phoenix for the Asu/Ucla game yesterday and asked us to bring some things he forgot. When I met him yesterday, he asked if wanted to go to the game. I accepted

He takes me up in the press box and I'm watching the game with him and the 49ers GM. After a few pleasantrie, the GM finds out I'm a Cards fan and looks at me and calls me a p***y for being a cards fan. So, I'm getting trash talked to by the nineres GM. We had some good exchanges, I kept on ripping on Alex smith relentlessly(I've had plenty of practice with k9 over the years :D). I had to get in a few Singletary jabs as well.

I did come away with the opininon that, aslong as he is in charge, any success they have wil be short term. All in all, can't say I was overly impressed. It was a great experience and a fun time but, IMO, if they want continued success, they better keep Harbaugh.

Reaction score
He takes me up in the press box and I'm watching the game with him and the 49ers GM. After a few pleasantrie, the GM finds out I'm a Cards fan and looks at me and calls me a p***y for being a cards fan. So, I'm getting trash talked to by the nineres GM. We had some good exchanges, I kept on ripping on Alex smith relentlessly(I've had plenty of practice with k9 over the years :D). I had to get in a few Singletary jabs as well.
Wow! That a man in his position could be so totally classless, really surprises me. Compare that to everyone I have ever met associated with the Cardinals who have always been gracious!

I'm proud to be a Cardinals fan!! :newcards:Win or lose ~ kick the Whiners asses!!!!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That someone in that position would say that to a fan is shocking to be honest.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow! That a man in his position could be so totally classless, really surprises me. Compare that to everyone I have ever met associated with the Cardinals who have always been gracious!

I'm proud to be a Cardinals fan!! :newcards:Win or lose ~ kick the Whiners asses!!!!

I prefer a guy like that than the stuffed shirts who pretend to be polite to you and then call you a ****** behind your back while in a meeting to figure out how to beat you out of another dollar.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So ask the scout guy what he thought of Anthony Barr of UCLA. I'm hearing he might be a first round pick this year now, early 2nd to late 1st. If true pretty remarkable first year playing LB fulltime since freshman year of HS, played RB the last 4-5 years.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
So ask the scout guy what he thought of Anthony Barr of UCLA. I'm hearing he might be a first round pick this year now, early 2nd to late 1st. If true pretty remarkable first year playing LB fulltime since freshman year of HS, played RB the last 4-5 years.
I'll let you know. I can't wait until about 2weeks. That's when he goes to see Tyler Wilson.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll let you know. I can't wait until about 2weeks. That's when he goes to see Tyler Wilson.

Thanks, Barr is one of those stories that fascinate me like Sean Doolittle the A's pitcher who gave up making it as a first baseman, goes back to pitching and 2 months later has gone from A ball to the majors and is dominant.

Barr is a little small right now for the NFL, but he appears to be one of those guys that just has a knack for accelerating to the QB.