ASU's New Head Coach Is Kenny Dillingham

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
As far as I know, just Ragle and Amey. Hopefully they can wash that stink off before coming to Tempe.

We just got done disinfecting Scottie Graham of all the ASU cooties! LOL

I heard tha Demetrius Martin might follow Dilly to Tempe, which would make three former UofA assistants.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We just got done disinfecting Scottie Graham of all the ASU cooties! LOL

I heard tha Demetrius Martin might follow Dilly to Tempe, which would make three former UofA assistants.
Yeah, apparently he has a son that is committed to Oregon, strong recruiter as well. Need a couple of those guys too!

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dillingham must plan to recruit locally hard. Still need some California connections.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Well that sure would be refreshing. We have heard that from just about every HC hire though, "we will keep AZ kids in AZ". We have a ton of great highschool football talent coming out of the state, they never stay. I've never understood it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that sure would be refreshing. We have heard that from just about every HC hire though, "we will keep AZ kids in AZ". We have a ton of great highschool football talent coming out of the state, they never stay. I've never understood it.

I think it's all about the coaches having connections with high school football programs in Arizona like Dillingham and Aguano. Plus, they are adding assistants with similar connections.

They will still need to recruit areas like Southern California and hire assistants with this expertise, but Arizona should be able to provide a steady stream of base talent mixed with some potential stars.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine posted this:

"Well we need someone that's from the state of Arizona"
- AZ native, 2008 graduate of Chapparral High School in Scottsdale, Arizona

"Well, we need someone with ties to ASU"
-2012 graduate of Arizona State University

"Well, we need someone that will make recruiting in state a priority"
-Had a zoom meeting with 100+ Arizona varsity football head coaches before the ink dried on his signed contract about making in state recruiting a priority

"Well, we need someone who can recruit nationally"
-Named the #1 recruiter in the country while at Memphis and regarded as a top 3 recruiter everywhere he's coached

"Well, we need someone with experience"
-Has been the OC at four Div 1 schools, 3 of which are P5 programs, where each offense has put up prolific numbers and ranked consistently in the top 10 in production

"Well, we need a younger coach that can relate to today's kids"
-He's 32 years old

"Well, I liked Shaun Aguano, he needs to be retained"
-Literally, the first words out of his mouth was that he's keeping Aguano on staff

"Well, we need someone who can generate excitement with the boosters and help with the NIL"
- the school's biggest booster, Nap Lawrence kicked in $1 million dollars to the Sun Angel NIL fund, seconds after the press conference and has encouraged other boosters to follow suit

"Well, well, well, well, well, well........"
-I swear, some of y'all just can't be happy. He literally checks off on all the boxes and this hire makes the most sense, the most make sense hire the school has had in decades. Forks Up!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"You got great weather. If you're a quarterback, why would you NOT wanna play where there's no elements right? That's just the reality of it, you don't play in elements. If you're a skilled guy why would you wanna go play in the snow? If you run track here why would you want to go run track in the cold? You (we) have unbelievable weather for all skill players to always play without elements. That's a competitive advantage on its own. So for us, not just living here but the natural geographic advantage we have here should actually ATTRACT skilled players to the university"!

-Coach Kenny Dillingham at his press conference Monday

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"You got great weather. If you're a quarterback, why would you NOT wanna play where there's no elements right? That's just the reality of it, you don't play in elements. If you're a skilled guy why would you wanna go play in the snow? If you run track here why would you want to go run track in the cold? You (we) have unbelievable weather for all skill players to always play without elements. That's a competitive advantage on its own. So for us, not just living here but the natural geographic advantage we have here should actually ATTRACT skilled players to the university"!

-Coach Kenny Dillingham at his press conference Monday
I have lived here since 1977 and have heard this stuff about the weather and recruiting for 45 years now. It hasn't really ever paid off as some huge recruiting advantage. Maybe Dillingham will be better at selling it.

Recruiting has become free agency. Just because a guy commits and plays a year, it doesn't mean he will be there the next. Dillingham has to get his best players to STAY as much as bring them in. I hope he can do it. And, the way you do that is show you are an NFL draft factory.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose