ASU v UA

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:sparky:

Should be a good game this year, COVID and lack of practice time and all the craziness of 2020 should serve as an equalizer. Cats should be tough playing down south.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The annual Territorial Cup game doesn't have the same feel to it this season not to mention both teams not having a win.

Still it's a rivalry game so it's a must watch.

Go Devils!

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The annual Territorial Cup game doesn't have the same feel to it this season not to mention both teams not having a win.

Still it's a rivalry game so it's a must watch.

Go Devils!

I agree on all counts but especially this not feeling like the usual game. I will be watching Friday evening and I look forward to it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jayden Daniels was sacked 5 times against UCLA. Having time to pass will be a concern unless the Sun Devils can rely on their running game against Arizona. Both freshman running backs DeaMonte Trayanum and Rachaad White have been effective.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jayden Daniels was sacked 5 times against UCLA. Having time to pass will be a concern unless the Sun Devils can rely on their running game against Arizona. Both freshman running backs DeaMonte Trayanum and Rachaad White have been effective.

Some of that may be the results of the long layoff due to Covid. Not saying that isn't a concern but this season is a cluster eff on so many levels.

I really like how Trayanum runs. Only a freshman...He should get much better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona State may have two kickers on Saturday after Cristian Zendejas was replaced by Jack Luckhurst after missing a 45 yard field goal against UCLA.

Could the writing be on the wall for Zendejas?

By Talia Massi, Arizona Sports:

But after his misfire against UCLA, in came Jack Luckhurst. The redshirt freshman debuted by making a 49-yard field goal to end the second quarter.

For the rest of the game, Luckhurst was the Sun Devils’ guy, also kicking an extra point. But according to Edwards, Luckhurst doesn’t always make it through the pipes.

“You can’t argue with his leg strength,” Edwards added.

https://arizonasports.com/story/247...pen-between-cristian-zendejas-jack-luckhurst/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of that may be the results of the long layoff due to Covid. Not saying that isn't a concern but this season is a cluster eff on so many levels.

I really like how Trayanum runs. Only a freshman...He should get much better.

DeaMonte Trayanum looks to be a really good running back and he will only get better if the Sun Devils improve their offensive line.

When Jayden Daniels has to pass the offense doesn't look as good.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Switching to a 4-3 defense has also been a bright spot as it has been generating a pass rush that was absent last year. I think DE Tyler Johnson got 3 sacks last week and was PAC12 defensive player of the week.

6-7 true freshman WR Johnny Wilson who had a lot of drops against USC, also caught several passes last week, including a TD and a 2 point conversion (both called back for penalties so looks like he is going to be a great asset going forward.

Too bad this season has been what it is, but things look promising for next year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chase Lucas has been selected for the 2021 East-West Shrine Bowl.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DeaMonte Trayanum looks to be a really good running back and he will only get better if the Sun Devils improve their offensive line.

When Jayden Daniels has to pass the offense doesn't look as good.

Daniels is not at a point where he can carry the team through a game. In fact, there is something about him that gives me pause and I cannot put my finger on it.

This program has got to do a better job recruiting and developing OL. The OL doesn't suck outright but it is critical to improve given how successful the program seems to be getting skill position players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniels is not at a point where he can carry the team through a game. In fact, there is something about him that gives me pause and I cannot put my finger on it.

This program has got to do a better job recruiting and developing OL. The OL doesn't suck outright but it is critical to improve given how successful the program seems to be getting skill position players.

Jayden has the arm but I question if he is a true passer. However, the offensive line is bad and with the lack of a cohesive season it's too early to criticize.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got lost, but here I am

And Freshman Taylor scores on the opening kickoff!!! Go Devils!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devils with another fumble recovery. It should count. The receiver had possession.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Referees call it an incomplete pass.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well there is the interception. Sun Devils with the ball.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trayanum and White carrying the ball effectively.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson