ASU Football Recruiting 2022-23

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

:thud:

Holy #***!!

:championship:

This guy had a great year last year for the Fighting Irish, this is awesome news!

Looks like we now have 7 quarterbacks on the roster if you count Izzy

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Skattebo's cousin is married to Lucy's niece he's been talking about him all year at family events because Sac State was having a great year. He's interesting he's EXTREMELY strong, runs with power but he's not very shifty I'm not sure how it will translate to the higher level.
But extremely tough player one of those do anything to win guys. In their loss at the end of the season he threw a TD pass on a trick play, had a massive block that setup a run for a TD and also recovered an onside kick by just ripping the ball away from someone trying to pull it in.

Apparently he ended up at Sac State because out of HS people wanted him to play safety and he wanted to play RB.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah he's absolutely tough as nails. I watched their last game you have to understand at that level the DL and LB's are MUCH smaller so a physical runner like that it's hard to project how it will work at the next level, but he's really fun to watch.

He runs very much like ex Stanford star Toby Gerhart but Gerhart was 6 foot 235 and Skattebo is 5'10" 215. Our nephew Brandon has been talking about him all year, his junior year of HS he had over 3500 yards rushing and 42 TD!

Brandon had told us he was getting some looks from NFL scouts so I'm not surprised he transferred up. Hope he makes it big.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Pyne isn't the most mobile guy. Needs a good o-line to be really effective. Hopefully some of these guys are at least average?

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pyne isn't the most mobile guy. Needs a good o-line to be really effective. Hopefully some of these guys are at least average?

Ya, we really aren't going to know for sure until we see them in action. But some of the Oline signees have some experience at least, stumbled across this today...

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is going to be confusing today since the people signing have in large part already been announced as committed to ASU and we did backflips over them already.

What I am hoping to see are a few surprises, ones that we didn't know about. That would be cool, but don't know if there will be any.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK, a couple flips so far today. Also, ASU's recruiting ranking was past 100 before KD was hired, now I am reading we are up to 64 and climbing...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA