Arrested Development

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I thought this was about the Musical Group Arrested Development. I was in one of their videos several years ago.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
Oh, I thought this was about the Musical Group Arrested Development. I was in one of their videos several years ago.
Which song? Isn't that the group that has like 39 members and like half of that is just people who dance on stage

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
This group makes me laugh... they make a song about Tennesse and they ar really from the south side of Chicago.
:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arrested Development (the TV show) is as funny as ever. Probably my favorite show on TV right now.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Arrested Development (the TV show) is as funny as ever. Probably my favorite show on TV right now.

it finally was cancelled though.....

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
it finally was cancelled though.....

Cancelled? Just watched it last night. Hilarous show - own the first season on DVD.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen the show, but I figured this thread might be better placed in the TV forum... :D

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I guess it was internet folk lore.....

http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/pop.htm

Or maybe just premature? I've read that "Arrested Development" is unlikely to be re-newed for the 2005-06 season, especially now that the person at FOX who developed the show (Gail Berman) and really believed in it has left to go run Paramount's movie division. Hopefully the new heirarchy (sp?) at FOX will keep AD, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does get cancelled.

And yes, I think it's the funniest show on TV.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've watched the show, and I do think it is rather funny but I don't think Jason Bateman can carry a lead role in a comedy. He is UNfunny, much like Charlie Sheen and it feels forced.... just my opinion

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I've watched the show, and I do think it is rather funny but I don't think Jason Bateman can carry a lead role in a comedy. He is UNfunny, much like Charlie Sheen and it feels forced.... just my opinion

Fortunately, Jason Bateman is not the comic lead - he is more the straight man (a term that should lightly be used with him;)) for the neurosis around him.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Fortunately, Jason Bateman is not the comic lead - he is more the straight man (a term that should lightly be used with him;)) for the neurosis around him.

bateman is perfect in the role. :thumbup:

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
offset said:
bateman is perfect in the role. :thumbup:
I think so, too. He's good.

How are the ratings for the show? Hopefully it wouldn't get cancelled simply because the politics of the network change.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
The ratings are not good. That's why having someone in the CEO's seat that has a personal stake in the show was critical. If FOX went solely on ratings, "Arrested Development" wouldn't have been back for this season.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Are they new ones? Hope so.

Not sure. I know they cut the season order from 22 to 18, and will be done by the end of April with new episodes.

(For those that watch the show, Sunday night's show that dealt with problems for the Bluth Company because of a housing order being cut from 22 to 18 houses was a direct reference to this.....)

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Not sure. I know they cut the season order from 22 to 18, and will be done by the end of April with new episodes.

(For those that watch the show, Sunday night's show that dealt with problems for the Bluth Company because of a housing order being cut from 22 to 18 houses was a direct reference to this.....)
Could the move from the top florr to a less expensive floor be a call to change the night and time?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Could the move from the top florr to a less expensive floor be a call to change the night and time?

Probably. Did you notice the Bush style "Mission Accomplished" banner on the third floor??

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
marathon_mom said:
Watched both tonight. It was just ah-ite (sp?) for me dude. (In my best Randy Jackson voice). :shrug:
Yo dog. You feelin it tonight? I know you can bring it. You've had better posts, though, dog. This wasn't your best, but it was aight.

;)

What episodes were on last night? I missed it.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Yo dog. You feelin it tonight? I know you can bring it. You've had better posts, though, dog. This wasn't your best, but it was aight.

;)

What episodes were on last night? I missed it.

Too bad, so sad. I'm not tellin. Neener neener!