Arizona vs Duke

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
(I hope TJ doesn't party himself into a coma!)

LOL! Good lookin out bro. I made it out alive, dont worry about me:D

The game was amazing. I couldnt believe the ass whooping we laid on them in the 2nd half as the 1st half seemingly demonstrated how dangerous Duke can be. It wasnt just Singler, but they were playing good team basketball. In all honesty, we should have been down by much more going into halftime, except D Will was in Beast Mode and hit a three at the end to steal some of their mojo.

In the 2nd half, we just decided to play the best basketball of the season. You could tell the 19-2 run just sucked the life out of Duke and in a sense, they just watched in awe as we were hitting jumpers, owning the paint and creating turnovers. All of this despite the fact that the officials tried so hard to give the game back to Duke. It was complete garbage watching D. Will get hacked by three players under the basket, yet when we brushed up against Singler, it was a call and one. I also didnt know that Duke was given an extra couple of inches of the court to step on with the ball. I think I saw two out of bounds calls missed when they clearly stepped on the line. We could have beat them by 20+ easily with unbiased officiating. But that's what you have to understand when playing Duke. Historically, they have been the beneficiaries of calls, just gotta accept it and move on.

This game was a perfect example that if players like Hill, Momo, Fogg, etc. get hot along with D. Will's dominate force inside and out, we are one of the toughest teams to beat.

UCONN will be a tough out. Kemba is just insane. The key is to let him get his points and shut down the other guys. Lamb is their only other threat IMO. They are more vulnerable than Duke was. I do like our chances, but this is going to be intense. The Momo (Harlem) v. Walker (Bronx) match up will be interesting.

BTW. I watched this game at a bar in Santa Monica, which was dedicated to the Wisconsin Badgers. Wasnt my choice. Of course, Wisconsin was playing the same time as us so the place was flooded w/ Badger fans. Quite annoying.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
In addition to which, I was listening to Freddie Coleman on ESPN radio on the way home talk about the game. He said that Coach K rarely does halftime interviews, but rather sends his assistants to do them. Well, in this game, he actually did a halftime interview with one of the CBS reporters. Bad omen and maybe a lesson learned.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Sat behind a ton of alums from the Lute years...

Luke Walton, Pete Williams, Dylan Rigdon, Kenny Lofton, Chris Mills, Harvey Mason, David Bagga, and even Trevor Hoffman, his kids, and his brother.

Lute wasnt far away either and of course uncle George Kalil was in attendance.

Great game, UA repped well, and the entire Honda Center was booing Duke and cheering on UA. Its gonna be a crazy crowd, because UConn didnt have many fans there. UA fans should load the place up and im sure a few SDSU fans will still be around.

BTW, loved Momo pointing to all the alums after he was hitting those clutch shots down the stretch to pull away. They loved it too.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course the 1988 Elite Eight game against North Carolina. The Cats took it to them in the second half of that game.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Of course the 1988 Elite Eight game against North Carolina. The Cats took it to them in the second half of that game.

That '87-'88 team was awesome. Until the game vs Oklahoma, they absolutely took teams apart in that tournament.

Arizona 90, Cornell 50
Arizona 84, Seton Hall 55
Arizona 99, Iowa 79
Arizona 70, North Carolina 52

UNC was the #2 seed in the West that year and the Cats ran them out of the building.

:cats:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone by any chance going to the regional final with two extra tickets? ouchie and i are looking to score some for the game... and inevitably be the reason we don't win because we are cursed.

SAO

Reaction score
anyone by any chance going to the regional final with two extra tickets? ouchie and i are looking to score some for the game... and inevitably be the reason we don't win because we are cursed.

Keep this man away from the arena

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison