Arizona Hoops 2022-2023

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to keep saying it until he's gone, why in the world does ARizona play Kriisa so much?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In the tournament it is guard play that wins games. Our guards were a horror show in this game.

Kriisa, Ramey and Henderson, a combined 6-21 and 13 points.

The 97 team was not their most talented but they had the best guard pairing in the country.
That was a pretty talented team though.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don’t enjoy watching him play.

He's been hurt so that's a caveat, ankle last year, shoulder this year.

Kerr Kriisa in his last 3 NCAA Tournament games: 3-of-24 from the field, 4 assists, 8 turnovers.

That simply does not get it done in the NCAA Tournament.

So far I think this tourney is just showing there is no dominant team. Howard stayed with KU for 15 minutes, SDSU only won because the refs sucked, the surprise to me was Virginia but I hadn't seen them play much and I guess they lost their C in the ACC tourney.

Have to say again I hate conference tournaments, another chance for injuries and nothing else.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Princeton pulls another upset, beating Missouri to advance to the Sweet 16

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Absolute dog **** and an embarrassment to lose to Princeton. This is where Tommy Lloyd being left at the alter by top recruits is going to hurt him. This team had very little athleticism and was very finesse. Euros are only going to take this team so far before getting punked, especially by a bunch of booger-eating dorks.

The honeymoon for Tommy is over. You can’t lose to a 15 seed and expect to continually be adored by the fan base. He has a lot of soul searching to do

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lloyd needs to start hauling in bigger recruiting classes. These 1 -2 man classes aren't going to cut it no matter how hard you hit transfer portal.

All the while Miller has Xavier in Sweet Sixteen.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sounds like the 24’ recruiting class will include better athletes. The tea leaves are also pointing to Kerr not returning next season.
Those would be two moves in the right direction. I like kerr’s passion even if it makes him an idiot some games. But he just isn’t talented enough to be such an important cog. He’s not cerebral/skilled enough to overcome his physical shortcomings against top athletes.

And this years squad had just about the most earthbound and pedestrian collection of guards and wings I can ever recall at Arizona. Having a tubelis or markenaan is a great addition to a great recruiting class. But if you build your team around euros you’re going to get punked by much tougher more athletic teams (or just peter out against a . . . Princeton, Yeesh).

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Sounds like the 24’ recruiting class will include better athletes. The tea leaves are also pointing to Kerr not returning next season.

Either Kerr need to take a reduced role, or he needs to go. You cant talk the talk without walking the walk. And I agree, everything I've seen says he's gone.

@Russ Smith might like this, but there's a rumor that Tyger Campbell has been telling people that many players in the conference want Kerr to stay, but not becaue they respect him.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would not surprise me to see him go to Xavier, since he originally entered the transfer portal after Miller was fired.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Would not surprise me to see him go to Xavier, since he originally entered the transfer portal after Miller was fired.
That’s the early indication. Would love to see him with Miller

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think the team will miss Kerr. He was so inconsistent with his shot. He rarely took a shot inside the 3-point line. He also was not a great defender. Looking forward to Boswell starting at the point. Will be interesting to see who Lloyd can get from the transfer portal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose