Arizona Hoops 2022-2023

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a crazy game the amount of contact allowed both ways on drives to the rim was nuts. Hats off to Zona their interior size on defense was too much. UCLA finally figured a way to get Bona some shots late but most of the game UA just didn't guard him and his man(Ballo) was clogging up the paint.

Man if Jaime hits that 3 we had a chance, good look just didn't go.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hopefully he's saying that having not see the replay. Larsson went up and inexplicably hit the underside of the rim with his layup, as it came off the rim Bona took it to the glass and blocked it to Jaime. The refs called a goaltend because they both didn't know it hit the rim, and thought it hit the glass first. When they looked at the replay they saw it hit the rim, so it was on the way up not down, and that Bona blocked it to the glass not off the glass. I was surprised it took them that long I suspect they were just trying to get the time on the clock right I think it was pretty clear it wasn't a goaltend.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Recorded the game and knew to only watch from the start of the 2nd half to the 4min mark. AZ’s backcourt has a lot of issues.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recorded the game and knew to only watch from the start of the 2nd half to the 4min mark. AZ’s backcourt has a lot of issues.

As a fan of another team I still don't get why Kriisa plays so much but I guess it worked, they won. I was expecting a replay of the previous games where Mick put Tyger in ISO against Kerr and Tyger ate him up, but Lloyd was smart and put Ramey on Tyger instead. That and the size inside really seemed to work. To be fair to Kerr, he guarded Singleton who didn't score a point but it was much easier to faceguard Dave than guard Tyger.

I like Boswell but he's obviously not ready yet. I am still a big Larsson fan I'd play him more. And I honestly don't get why Adama Bal doesn't play more I think he's a really nice prospect.

Kriisa is clearly the best passer on the team but he's just so up and down emotional I think it impacts the team. I always liked Ramey we recruited him out of HS and I assume he's why Bal isn't playing, he's just more experienced.

Is the big freshman Veesar injured?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
As a fan of another team I still don't get why Kriisa plays so much but I guess it worked, they won. I was expecting a replay of the previous games where Mick put Tyger in ISO against Kerr and Tyger ate him up, but Lloyd was smart and put Ramey on Tyger instead. That and the size inside really seemed to work. To be fair to Kerr, he guarded Singleton who didn't score a point but it was much easier to faceguard Dave than guard Tyger.

I like Boswell but he's obviously not ready yet. I am still a big Larsson fan I'd play him more. And I honestly don't get why Adama Bal doesn't play more I think he's a really nice prospect.

Kriisa is clearly the best passer on the team but he's just so up and down emotional I think it impacts the team. I always liked Ramey we recruited him out of HS and I assume he's why Bal isn't playing, he's just more experienced.

Is the big freshman Veesar injured?
Kerr has his problems defensively but I thought he held his own during the press while Larsson was a total disaster. Boswell I think thought he was about to get fouled. That was a good play with UCLA. Let’s just say Texas doesn’t miss Ramey.

Boswell will be really impactful when he gets his legs under him. No clue on Veesar. I told you his wasn’t close to be an impact guy after a few games seeing him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kerr has his problems defensively but I thought he held his own during the press while Larsson was a total disaster. Boswell I think thought he was about to get fouled. That was a good play with UCLA. Let’s just say Texas doesn’t miss Ramey.

Boswell will be really impactful when he gets his legs under him. No clue on Veesar. I told you his wasn’t close to be an impact guy after a few games seeing him.

The funny thing is UCLA was TRYING to foul Boswell on the 5 count the ref just wouldn't call it.

Someone on BRO posted stats for Kriisa the last 2 years against "good" and not good teams. the dropoff against good teams was startling, he very rarely has played well against a good team.

Even yesterday that play at the end of the half was hilarious, he tries to do the CP3 play about 35 feet from the basket doesn't get the call and flips out. He's just so emotional.

But hard to argue with the record and they were the better team yesterday

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose