'Arizona' Coyotes??

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I can't remember where & when I heard this. But I thought I heard someone mention the Phoenix Coyotes name could be changed to 'Arizona' Coyotes.

Who else has heard anything like this?? Maybe we could shed some light on this.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard it awhile ago. It would make sense since they won't even be playing in Phoenix any more and it's unlikely that any other place in the state will be adding a hockey team in the near future.

Soon the state could have the Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks, Arizona Coyotes...and those Phoenix Suns. ;)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
I heard it awhile ago. It would make sense since they won't even be playing in Phoenix any more and it's unlikely that any other place in the state will be adding a hockey team in the near future.

Soon the state could have the Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks, Arizona Coyotes...and those Phoenix Suns. ;)

Since when does the move have anything to do with it :)

I personally like the "Phoenix" name better.
Of course, you probably wanted the Lakers to be called the Inglewood Lakers back in the day they played at the Forum......

OP
OP
Y

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
if you ask me, I personally think we should have kept the name 'Phoenix' Cardinals, & have the other teams; Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Coyotes & Arizona Diamondbacks.

That's how it should be.

Audrey19

Hockey Addict
Reaction score
They are starting up the WHA again and it's been confirmed that Phoenix is getting a team. It's not the NHL, but I'm sure it has Colangelo written all over it...

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you want to make some cash, this domain name is about to expire, jump in and take it

You must be registered for see images

coyotecard

Reaction score
RE: Arizona Coyotes

When the switch from Winnepeg was beginning, it was the intent to name the team " Arizona Coyotes". Then comes the hassle with the city because the team had to use the Phoenix AWA arena and the city money men insisted that the team have "Phoenix" in the name.
Now they have the option to name the team whatever they want.
If they keep up their inept methods of building a team, they can probably call the team the "Name- a- City No Shows".

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy on KDUS discussing the jerseys the other day said they are and will be for the foreseeable future - the Phoenix Coyotes. There is no name change in the works. He went on to add that there are many teams that are named for one city but play in another.

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Audrey19
They are starting up the WHA again and it's been confirmed that Phoenix is getting a team. It's not the NHL, but I'm sure it has Colangelo written all over it...

Yeah, with all his extra cash he has around the office....

coyotecard

Reaction score
WHA

Bobby Hull is the "brains" behind the new league. I cant see Don
C. involved. I CAN see Gretzky playing CYA by supporting the league. Hull is trying to exploit the end of the NHLPA agreement by anticipating a lock-out/strike situation. Good move.
Where will the new team play?AWA?
Sometimes dont you wish the Roadrunners were still here?

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
Yeah, with all his extra cash he has around the office....

I am so sick of Colangelo and all of his finger prints on everything - I want the guy to go away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard