Anyone watch the MLB All Star game last night?

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say I did not even watch 1 second of either the HR Derby or the game. Read about Stanton going off in the Derby and basically the Royals won it for the AL. There was just no interest in it. Plus, no Dbacks starting in it doesn't help either

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goldy had three at-bats (from checking box score) but no, no interest from me.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the new HRD format is cool. I watched a grand total of maybe .2 innings of the AGS.

MLB needs to fix it. Having it determine WS home field is absurd.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MLB needs to fix it. Having it determine WS home field is absurd.

I don't get this perspective. I mean, I'm not passionately for the rule, but I don't see any harm it causes either.

I think the MLB ASG is the closest of all major sports to create the same format and effort level as a real game. I enjoy it most because of that.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't get this perspective. I mean, I'm not passionately for the rule, but I don't see any harm it causes either.

I think the MLB ASG is the closest of all major sports to create the same format and effort level as a real game. I enjoy it most because of that.

It's a spectacle. The entire Cubs infield was starting for the NL, managers care more about getting every player in the game than winning. Fans vote on the starting lineup? The managers clearly aren't playing to win.

Jose Fernandez saying he'd groove 3 fastballs down the middle to Ortiz? Wainwright actually doing that to Derek Jeter?

Stop the madness, do it like the NBA or NHL

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You know it's bad when more people are talking about the Canadian national anthem the next day than the game itself.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a spectacle. The entire Cubs infield was starting for the NL, managers care more about getting every player in the game than winning. Fans vote on the starting lineup? The managers clearly aren't playing to win.

Jose Fernandez saying he'd groove 3 fastballs down the middle to Ortiz? Wainwright actually doing that to Derek Jeter?

Stop the madness, do it like the NBA or NHL

Last year everyone freaked out because the Royals were the AL Starters essentially and they thought it was going to screw some AL team when they got to the WS.

All you have to do is look at what happened and see how ridiculous that predictive fear turned out to be.

David Ortiz walked on 15 pitches. Wainwright admitted he was joking after the fact.

Using winning percentage can be just as unfair as anything else because competition is not equal.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG. I completely forgot it was on. I was catching up on my DVR.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think if the DBacks were a contending team and Lambs' stars were exactly the same, he makes the All Star team? Definitely deserves the opportunity

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched it as I do every year. Iam a baseball fan and the MLB All-Star game is the only all-star game where the players care and play 100%.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson