Anyone like ww2 history? great book

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just read the single greatest world war 2 book from the german view. It is called "inside the third Reich" By Albert Speer who was Hitlers architect and the Minister of Armaments from 43 till the end.

He was the true genuis in the nazi regime. He was not political and despised most of the party members. While allied bombing practically destroyed Germany from 43 on he managed to increase production each month till the very end. An amazing feat. And a great book that give insight on how the Wermacht was led by a group of complete morons.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
It must be an interesting book, but I'm not sure I'd like to read his self-propaganda, describing himself as THE good nazi full of remorse, using the same technique that made him escape the hangman in Nuremberg.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ollie said:
It must be an interesting book, but I'm not sure I'd like to read his self-propaganda, describing himself as THE good nazi full of remorse, using the same technique that made him escape the hangman in Nuremberg.

In fact he does the complete opposite. Even blames Aushwitz on himself for not going on the tour that was offered. He blames many things on himself. And the great things he DID do he glosses over and tries not to point them out.

He escaped the hangman because of the many good things said about him by jews and non nazi's. When the assasination of Hitler was attempted and failed he was almost killed by Hitler because the "New Government had penciled Speer in as Minister. Luckily for him they put a ? next to his name and a "ask him after the assasination" which saved his life.

But yeah great book!

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Well, now he's dead so we'll never now if he had true remorse or if everything he made after the war was a strategy to stay alive... there's still historical controversy.

Did you know the book was made into TV movie ? And if so did you see it ?

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.....I'll check the book out!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson