Anyone else want Cavs to draft King James and Make the Playoffs??

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
All the PHX fans can only hope that the Cavs draft James and he lives up to the hipe. Then the Suns can get that draft pick for the Person trade. Plus we can look forward to the Charlotte expansion team and if the pick drops bellow the 13th pick we get it. That would be nice to have a 14th pick and another 1st rounder. Man what were we thinking about not getting a pick till the Cavs make the playoffs. We must have a special bond with the Cavs becouse we gave up Milt for a 2nd rounder in 2008. :confused: :confused: Come on C's get a usable pick for something....

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think that either with James or with Milicic, with the healthy Wagner and with a better coach CLE can have a shot at the play-off next season.

They are in the Eastern Conference.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully Darius Miles will be healthy for them next season too. I think Ilgauskas has had a relatively healthy year for them as well but I don't really follow the Cavs enough to say that for sure. With a starting 5 of Wagner, Davis, Miles, Boozer & Ilgauskas and James off the bench they should be able to compete for a playoff spot (in the east).

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Plus we can look forward to the Charlotte expansion team and if the pick drops bellow the 13th pick we get it.

I dont get it.. :confused:

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Right now the Cavs pick is top 13 protected. So the Suns can not get a top 13 pick. But if the NBA adds another team that would mean 14 teams will not make the playoffs thus if the Cavs don't get into the playoffs and the ping pong balls fall just right and the Cavs only get the 14th pick in the draft the Suns would get that pick becouse it is not one of the top 13.... :wave:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD
Right now the Cavs pick is top 13 protected. So the Suns can not get a top 13 pick. But if the NBA adds another team that would mean 14 teams will not make the playoffs thus if the Cavs don't get into the playoffs and the ping pong balls fall just right and the Cavs only get the 14th pick in the draft the Suns would get that pick becouse it is not one of the top 13.... :wave:

Oh yeah, like THAT'S going to happen... :D

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I can dream can't I. Unless the Cavs make the playoffs we will not have a chance to use that pick. :(

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty much resigned that that pick is absolutely worthless. It's not worth anything to us, and it certainly isn't worth anything to any other team except Cleveland.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD
Is this serious?

The CLE pick is lottery protected not top13 protected.
We won't get it until CLE will qualify for the play-off.
The new franchise in CHA doesn't change this fact.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So the Suns can not get a top 13 pick. But if the NBA adds another team that would mean 14 teams will not make the playoffs thus if the Cavs don't get into the playoffs and the ping pong balls fall just right and the Cavs only get the 14th pick in the draft

Hcsilla's objection is probably on target, although it depends on the wording of the deal, which of course none of us knows.

But there is another problem with the scenario described above. The only way to get the worst pick in the lottery (14th after Charlotte is added) is to have the best record among lottery teams. (Okay, technically you can have the second-best record, if the team with the best record gets really lucky any moves up.) These days, the team with the best record in the lottery will usually be from the West, since the Western Conference is so much stronger.

So it can't be Cleveland anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard