Anyone else nervous about next Tuesday?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pelicans probably KEEP Anthony Davis so Lebron gets Davis-Blocked! New Orleans loses no matter what they do! NY AND LA didn't get Zion!

yup. If Davis still wants out, he's a moron and just looks like an even bigger bitch than he already is.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes... the NBA is really worried about Memphis... over NY and the Lakers?

Are you guys serious with this tin-foil hat crap?

What’s my post have to do with the nba rigging the draft? How did you get that

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That **** is far from set in stone. Just look at last years draft. A lot of people had Luka as the #1 or #2 prospect and yet he fell to 3 and was technically passed up by 3 teams with the trade.

But it just so happens The Grizz are dealing with Mike Conley a franchise PG wanting out

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cavaliers got screwed as well as did the Bulls.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Barrett is as good a prospect if not better than Ja and they have nobody on the wing position I can even think of except an injured Brooks.

Dillon Brooks...:p

Edit: Ah...I see you edited this right as I was posting my response...

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Who is the last time to win with 2 great big men coexisting? The spurs? I don’t think AD and Zion=championship. I think AD still wants out to play with other established talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the typical Suns draft. We usually draft worse than where we ended up.

this is why I REALLY hope the rumors that we weren't putting an emphasis on college scouting were just that... rumors. Because the pick isn't sexy enough to go get a star (especially since it looks like Holiday ain't going nowhere in NO) and we are going to have to use it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who is the last time to win with 2 great big men coexisting? The spurs? I don’t think AD and Zion=championship. I think AD still wants out to play with other established talent.

Zion is not a big. He’s a perfect 3

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

even if that's the case, NO is going to be able to get RIGHT BACK on their feet and probably in a better position in a Davis trade. If they can say, get Tatum and the other SF/SG from the Celtics, that's a REALLY nice core to build around.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah, the 6th pick in THIS draft has practically no value. Who is going to trade anything of established value for what would be at best a long shot in the dark project? And the reality is, the Suns don't have any other assets of real tradeable value to package with it that would be worth anything that moves the needle.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Get RID of the lottery and you end the conspiracy theories.

Just never been a fan of "random" draft slotting. If your team is ***** then you get rewarded. If you tank it every year your team will go nowhere in the long run anyway.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't miss anything, but thanks for insinuating I'm too blind to see what happened. Yes... the Lakers moved up to #4 in a 2, maybe 3 player draft for guys who can make an impact right now. Which means it's not a great chip to try and get a legit star in a trade for Lebron AND if they keep the pick, it's not a player that can immediately help them win a title. Is it better than 11? Yes, but it doesn't help them all that much in the present.

And the Knicks get BONED out of the top spot AND the top two picks go to absolute HORRENDOUS basketball cities and small markets.
I only halfway take it seriously. And probably not even that.

This is what a majority of the board expected—so what’s the big deal? I sure would have liked Zion and even Morant, but we knew what was likely to happen. And when it does... meltdown city.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
this is why I REALLY hope the rumors that we weren't putting an emphasis on college scouting were just that... rumors. Because the pick isn't sexy enough to go get a star (especially since it looks like Holiday ain't going nowhere in NO) and we are going to have to use it.
This.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
disagree. he's a DOMINANT Draymond 4 unless he develops a banging 3 pointer.

Agree also I agree with the Boston trade. Tatum and Brown and the #14 for AD. Having Zion is much easier for the fans to handle.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think many teams really seriously tank anyway. I think the disincentive for doing it is pretty strong without some silly/arbitrary lottery system. When was the last time the first pick in rhe draft really turned around the fortunes of the franchise? You have to go all the way back to Lebron, or maybe Durant to a lesser extent.

It is increasingly evident that tanking, even on a continual basis, is not a winning proposition. I just don't see that many franchises look at it as a practical approach, and the whole stupid lottery thing is just a solution for a problem that doesn't actually exist.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zion is not playing the 3 just not gonna happen.

Do you understand he’s...still...not...a....big.

The whole damn thing was saying Zion/ AD would be like Duncan and Robinson and it’s nothing like Duncan and Robinson no matter what position Zion plays