Anyone catch the "Movin The Chains" mock on Sirius?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pat Kirwin had the Cards making a ridiculous trade up to the #4 spot to get none other than Lane Johnson. Needless to say, I would flip out if we really did this. I guess it is no surprise that Pat Kirwin never accomplished much as a real GM

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was thinking of that trade but for Eric Fisher.
Tempting, but the logic at Cardinal HQ would have to be that Fisher was that much better than Johnson or Warmack to warrant the trade cost of moving up 3 spots (& paying a #4 pick salary).

I love Fisher, but not enough to make that trade. He's only potentially the next Joe Thomas; he hasn't proved he actually is.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have heard, believe it was the NFL network, that of the Big Three OT's. Lane Johnson has the greatest upside and will turn out the best. F/W/I/W.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have heard, believe it was the NFL network, that of the Big Three OT's. Lane Johnson has the greatest upside and will turn out the best. F/W/I/W.
Upside vs. Safe Quality - an age old debate. Johnson may have the greatest upside, but any analyst who "knows" that Lane "will" turn out the best is practicing fortune-telling without a license

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jeff, that's why the draft is so much fun. It would make a great read if someone would record the opinion of the experts on this year's draftees, and then take a look a year later. It might give some insight into who the good talent evaluators are. And with thanks to Casey Stengel the book could be titled, "Can't anyone here play this (Draft) game?"

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Kirwin and Tim Ryan are just having a little fun. It's entertaining. They are just matching their perceived needs with the picks. They've done 2 or 3 of those so far, and I keep missing the first 10 picks.

Kirwin is absolutely hilarious when he goes into his all-excited-throaty voice and says something like "Yuh. That cat can play"

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Would someone tell me if one gets Sirius XM Premium package, can one listen to all baseball and football games in your car? I am talking pro ball of course.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Would someone tell me if one gets Sirius XM Premium package, can one listen to all baseball and football games in your car? I am talking pro ball of course.

Yep. All NBA, MLB, and NFL games