All about Washington

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have two remarks considering 'Washington'

1) Can't help it, I'm willing to roll the dice on Kelly Washington WR, Tenn. if he is available in round two. Yes, he has character issues but he also has 1st round ability and #1 WR potential in the starting line-up- 6'4 and speed to burn. Boston, Moss and Owens all have character issues and that is life in the big-time, big-pain in the a$s WR world.

2) Could the Cardinals come up with a draft trade involving the Redskins and their owner lil' Danny Snyder. Why? Snyder is a arrogant, spot light wanting owner who might give the Cardinals a lot for our #6 pick. Is there anything we could get from the Redskins? Wynn is not exactly a pass rushing DE, though he is solid. Bruce Smith is old and on his way out eventually. Gardner might be a good WR to tag but a pass rush is still our biggest challenge. Maybe a bunch, and it would have to be a bunch, of draft picks. Synder is a limelight junkie and could be fair game but I don't see the Skins having anything we need at positions of need. Synder is an idiot ripe for the picking if we can find anything on the tree... Champ Baily or Arrington?

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
Washington will be gone before #20. The only way we would be able to draft him is to move down.

I agree that he will be a force in the NFL for years to come.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Washington

FrontRow, don't assume he'll be gone by #20. Health and character issues make him a huge ?. He might very well be there at 20 but I don't see getting by the Jets at #22.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Snyder is trying to do anything in his power to trade Smoot for another 1st rounder. How about Smoot and #2 for #6?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Boston89
Snyder is trying to do anything in his power to trade Smoot for another 1st rounder. How about Smoot and #2 for #6?

Smoot is NOT worth that much, why do you think there hasn't been any takers? Heck the Raiders are talking about moving Woodson....Smoot is no where close to Woodson.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
If we pulled that off I would crap my pants, since the jets have the skins 1st rounder.. :D

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Doesn't every player have character issues? Trufant, Washington, heck even Suggs. PFW called Suggs not quite Julius Peppers, better than Freeney and about where Simeon Rice is, including nearly identical personality. Just the way of the NFL now.......

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Moss slipped to 21 in the 1998 draft, having Washington slip because of his issues to #37 when there are at least 3 WR's ranked ahead of him isnt that much of a stretch

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
i would have to say that we should take washington in the second round as well, or else maybe we could trade our number 6 to the jets for 13 and 22 and then pick up a good defender with 13 and washington with 22. remember a couple of years ago everyone seemed to back off of fred smoot, i think he slid till late in the second round if not third, that means we had at least two opportunities to pick smoot in the second round and we didn't, we came away with vanden bosch and stone, just think if we would have drafted smoot instead of stone.