08: "War?"
09: "Mind"
10: "Peephole"
11: "Cubert"
12: "Darts"
13: "P.L.U.C.K. (
Politically Lying, Unholy, Cowardly Killers)"

You must be registered for see images attach

"System of a Down" was a brilliantly crafted album that evoked interesting imagery through Serj Tankian's lyrics/very distinctive vocal styling..especially how most pertains to political activism.....

System of a Down is certainly one of the heaviest bands to come out in recent years and that can be credited to the fierce guitar playing by Daron Malakian, and the solid rhythm section of Odadjian on bass/Dolmayan on drums...they're always in sync.......

The 2 songs that received the most airplay from this album were "Sugar" and "Spiders" but one must listen to the album in its entirety to gain the essence of the album....Each song just blends in well together......

Their last couple of releases have been decent, however, to me personally they havent yet reached the level they managed to achieve w/this album, but in due time they most certainly will....

Last edited:
OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I despise responding back to my own thread, however, I guess it was timely how I included this album during the past week....

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2004/07/0609.cfm

[font=arial,helvetica,verdana][size=+2]System Of A Down Set Up Shop In Hollywood, Continue Work On New Disc
[size=-1]Tuesday July 06, 2004 @ 04:30 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff[/size]

You must be registered for see images

[size=-1]System Of A Down [/size]

A while back, we told you that the fellas in System Of A Down were hard at work on a new record. We still can't give you a concrete date as to when that album will be released, but the band are reporting that things are coming along nicely.

"There is a wide array of influences in our new songs," SOAD's guitarist Daron Malakian said in a statement. "The influences range from Kraftwerk to Dark Throne to The Zombies to The Beach Boys, but it all fits together."

Come again? Dark Throne we can understand, but Kraftwerk, The Zombies and The Beach Boys? Part of SOAD's new obsession with classic pop may come from the fact that they're recording the new album in a fairly laid-back setting. The band — Malakian, singer Serj Tankian, bass player Shavo Odadjian and drummer John Dolmayan — have holed themselves up in a nice house in the Hollywood Hills and are finishing up the pre-production (i.e. initial songwriting and arranging) of the upcoming album.

While the band are still in the pre-production phase, the album may be ready sooner than you'd think. In the past, SOAD have gone a little hog wild on the recording — laying down about 30 songs before whittling them down to the 15 or so that would make the final cut. This time they're only recording the songs they want to keep, which means that there won't be any B-sides, but the band will save a whole lot of time and be able to give more attention to each individual song.

"We'll play a song through and record it," Malakian said. "Listen to it and decide what could make it even better — repeat a chorus, simple rearrangement, we all spark off of each other. Some of the new songs have really great moments, we want to make the entire song a really great moment."

The still untitled new album follows SOAD's 2002 outtakes collection Steal This Album! The band's last studio album was 2001's Toxicity.

[/size][/font]

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the worst rock vocalist of all time. Nice high honor. It's too bad because the band's music is pretty interesting stuff, but that terrible singer needs to pick a key and stop the chicken-vibrato crap with his voice. I can't stand this band because of him.