4. Twentieth Century Fox
5. Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)
6. Light My Fire
7. Back Door Man
8. I Looked at You
9. End of the Night
10. Take It as It Comes
11. The End

It wasn’t a matter of if I was going to have a Doors album but rather which Doors Album. So I figured, why not go with the one that started it all?

Fantastic debut album. Bands live their entire lifetimes hoping for a debut like this and never reach it. Some bands hope their “greatest hits” album could be this good and yet still fall short.

Not a weak song on this entire list. The blending of Morrison’s voice, and the trio of Manzarek, Kreiger and Densmore is perfect. This was the second album (vinyl) I ever bought right after Zeppelin 4 and my collection will never be minus this work of art.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent selection :thumbup: :raccoon:

I posted "Album a Day 13" since the "poster's" week doesnt begin until Mondays, however, we could definitely have 2 selections today since they're probably done by the 2 greatest artists of their era and unfortunately careers were abruptly ended due to untimely deaths....We're just call this "#14" and then "#15" will be the one you do tomorrow.....

"The Doors", definitely the way one band would aspire to make an immediate impact on their debut album....No mere words can convey how brilliant all these songs are....How seductive (lack of a better term "Soul Kitchen" is.... "The Crystal Ship", "Twentieth Century Fox", and the ever climatical "The End" were also the best songs on the album.... "Light Me Fire" helped shape "The Summer of Love" movement....They were the best American band to come out during that era (along with The Byrds)....

Okay, I could go on and on as always (especially about this album)...Definitely an excellent selection!!!!!