A Kyler comp no one brings up

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The biggest comp I’ve seen is not Russ but Johnny football. Johnny is a little taller but a similar builder. Both had the same comp percentage running a very similar offense. Johnny played in the best conference in the country though. Both are heisman winners. Same knocks looking at the scouting reports for both players(small, durability, could have better ball placement). Why is Russ and Flutie the only comps people bring up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The biggest comp I’ve seen is not Russ but Johnny football. Johnny is a little taller but a similar builder. Both had the same comp percentage running a very similar offense. Johnny played in the best conference in the country though. Both are heisman winners. Same knocks looking at the scouting reports for both players(small, durability, could have better ball placement). Why is Russ and Flutie the only comps people bring up?

sacrilege.The MURRAYITES are going to be on you like flies at a picnic.How dare you compare Murray to a mere mortal.:lol:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think its not a bad comparison. Unlike my friend BW here, I don't always see things as black and white. ;)

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I can see that. I don’t think there is a fair comp for Murray. He is the best pocket passer we have ever seen that has crazy running abilities.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I can see that. I don’t think there is a fair comp for Murray. He is the best pocket passer we have ever seen that has crazy running abilities.
I can't wait for this "best pocket passer and best runner the sport has ever seen" stuff to end.

Maybe I've been fighting this fight too much tonight, but if he was the best ever, he probably would have started more than one season, and not lost out on a straightforward competition as a top recruit.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Johnny Football is the best comparison for him. There is a reason Kliff recruited Kyler as hard as any QB he has ever recruited. Kyler's high school tape is essentially "Johnny Football 2.0" except he's faster and smaller than Johnny.

I think Kyler has the better arm between those guys. While he has some non-football baggage (helicopter dad and baseball future), I don't think he has the same druggie/partier baggage like Manziel.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think there’s two big differentiators:

1. Substance abuse

2. Johnny football’s elusiveness disappeared at the nfl level. Murray is undoubtedly much faster than Johnny football. The gap will obviously close for Murray at the nfl level, but it won’t disappear completely as it did for Johnny football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson