#86 Ricky Seals-Jones

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Knew he had a lot of potential as pass catching tight end, not sure he can block though. I think he'a basically another momah.

And with Momah down with ankle injury, why wait on Momah to heal when you can play Seals-Jones in his place ?

A good special teams, and tight end is not a bad thing, and yes, Seals-Jones plays special teams and had a good tackle on ST against the Texans.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to think we could go into next season with at least two weapons at RB/TE for our QBOTF that we better damn draft next year.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I admit, I don't know a lot about this kid. Looking through his draft profiles and college career I found one thing interesting. It looks like A & M had a bunch of players getting in trouble for "partying" related offenses...Seals-Jones being one in 2014. I think this kid may be a diamond in the rough. I have to wonder if work ethic and the culture at A & M hindered him. Maybe he has matured and will be "what they thought he would be" coming out of high school as a coveted 5 star recruit. I hope so!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He is a big WR. I think he is showing to be a pretty nice complementary piece in the offense. Again, I like that he brings a little of what Michael Floyd brought to this offense. Vertical size down the field is valuable. The diamond in the rough talk is a bit premature (which I said months ago to Mitch when he voiced his thoughts on RSJ's talents) but he is making the most of his opportunity, and let's be honest, Tom Brady is the prime example of a player doing that very thing.

We will see.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If he is an undrafted free agent, what are the specs on him contract wise. Do we have some kind of rights on him above others past this first contract or he is a free agent after this year with freedom... in other words, when should the Cardinals act to keep him

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he is an undrafted free agent, what are the specs on him contract wise. Do we have some kind of rights on him above others past this first contract or he is a free agent after this year with freedom... in other words, when should the Cardinals act to keep him
Seals-Jones is under contract for 2018 with a $555K salary.
...dave

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki‏Verified account@mikejurecki 24m24 minutes ago

HOF Eric Dickerson on Ricky Seals-Jones “First of all, I want to thank the Cardinals for giving him a chance. I had him moved from receiver to tight end. I said, “Ricky you’re a mismatch. You might not see it now, but you’ll see it later.” I knew he could play in the NFL.”

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Amazing how little production we've gotten out of that position for years and yet the Pats have like 3 first string ones on their roster.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I picked him up and started him in my fantasy league....which probably guarantees he gets shut out this week...

sorry

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

The kid is having a good couple of weeks.

Just had a baby! Congrats to RSJ! Here is to added motivation.

Touchdowns pay for the house and the car, blocking pays the bills.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss‏Verified account@joshweinfuss 5m5 minutes ago

#AZCardinals TE Ricky Seals-Jones said @EricDickerson texted him before the game telling him to play well but he hoped RSJ loses. Seals-Jones responded that he’s going to try to play well and win. Dickerson called after but RSJ didn’t answer. “I know how he is,” RSJ said.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
At least we have one really good weapon locked up for next season in RSJ, with a WR core that is full of question marks. So-called move TEs are taking the NFL by storm, but RSJ also has the size to go up get it. Unless you have an absolute elite QB, you need great weapons to win. RSJ looks the part thus far. Hopefully he gets a contract extension soon.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I started him on my fantasy team...
sat Cameron Brate....

damn.....
oh well, won anyway...but the difference in points would have made me 2nd instead of 3rd

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson