Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Jeff Passan
⁦‪@JeffPassan‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

The Toronto Blue Jays on Thursday shut down their spring training facility in Dunedin, Fla., after a player exhibited COVID-19 symptoms, sources tell ESPN.

Dunedin is just up the road from Clearwater, where eight people in the Philadelphia Phillies organization tested positive.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Jeff Passan
⁦‪@JeffPassan‬⁩

The Blue Jays player exhibiting the symptoms is a pitcher on the 40-man roster who recently had spent time with players in the Phillies’ minor leagues system, according to sources. He has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting results.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeff Passan
⁦‪@JeffPassan‬⁩

Multiple players working out at the Blue Jays facility said they had not yet been tested. If the player is not an isolated case, testing will ramp up. “We are being overly precautious with testing,” Blue Jays GM Ross Atkins told ESPN.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This should have been main concern in play negotiations not money. There ain't going to be a season if the players contract the virus and have to be quarantined. I think the NBA is going to have to rethink the decision to resume the season as players are starting to voice their concerns over their safety as well.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
On the field I feel they are actually safer. It's the dug outs, clubhouses, bull pens, where you are in close quarters that I feel will be really bad.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
No season....Football or baseball....This is ludacris with these teams and leagues announcing all the return dates, whats the point, nobody knows anything.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No season....Football or baseball....This is ludacris with these teams and leagues announcing all the return dates, whats the point, nobody knows anything.
They did it because all the supposed health experts were telling them the heat would slow the virus but it turns out the virus can survive in any weather.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Gotta create hope and goals. All about the money as witnessed by the baseball impasse

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
They did it because all the supposed health experts were telling them the heat would slow the virus but it turns out the virus can survive in any weather.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Health experts or politicians? It was the politicians.

How many of us actually believed that, after a few months,
we'd be ready to go back to open things back up?

You can't reason with a pandemic. Like it or not, we'll be
lucky to reach some sort of normality in two years.

Or, as some medical experts have said, we will not go
back to what we knew as "normal" during the lifetime
of many citizens.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Health experts or politicians? It was the politicians.

How many of us actually believed that, after a few months,
we'd be ready to go back to open things back up?

You can't reason with a pandemic. Like it or not, we'll be
lucky to reach some sort of normality in two years.

Or, as some medical experts have said, we will not go
back to what we knew as "normal" during the lifetime
of many citizens.

If I was Cara Christ I would not have attended the re-opening announcement briefing. Her being there tied her to Ducey's decision to re-open prematurely. I'm sure she had her job to worry about had she declined to be there but look at Dr Fauci publicly denouncing the re-opening of the country so quickly. He didn't seem concerned about Trump's reaction and stopped attending press conferences because he knew it made him look complicit with Trump's foolishness.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
That shows how serious the situation is. Especially with cases skyrocketing since some areas of society loosened up.

I don't see how sports can reopen, even with some safety measures taken.

This is a major worldwide killer pandemic that spreads easily, despite leadership in politics and pro sports trying to blow it off.
It is not just the players who are at risk, it is their families.

Sad to say, but the desire of all of us to be entertained takes a back seat until a true all-clear is declared by medical professionals.
That could take a couple of years.

Major League baseball is hardly at the top of the priority list. Compared to not being able to visit your doctor's office.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson