Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bullpen is priority number one.

Hopefully they won't rush into trading one the OF

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
De Grom is going on 35. If I'm shelling out $$$$ on a FA SP it's Carlos Rodon who is 5 years younger and has finally reached his potential as one of the best pitchers in baseball since being highly touted coming out of college and the #3 overall pick in 2014.

Obviously, Hazen needs to lock up Gallen and fix bullpen but the rest of the lineup looks set. The only question is does ARZ move Varsho away from C and have him focus on OF/DH to prolong his career. He has already stated he doesn't expect to play C long term. If so, they may want to look for another C since they do not have one quite ready yet in the minors.

The obvious need is a closer and Edwin Diaz is obviously the big fish on the market and would fill ARZ's biggest need.

May need a little more than $50 to land a SP, closer and extend Gallen. I don't want to trade any of our young prospects at this time because they have a lot of potential and are under control for 5 years. Plus with injuries, you need depth.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
They’re gonna have to trade Gallen at some point. With Boras as his agent, ain’t no way the team is gone be able to compete…

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They’re gonna have to trade Gallen at some point. With Boras as his agent, ain’t no way the team is gone be able to compete…
If he won't sign an extension (ARZ needs to make legitimate offer and not low ball), then I would shop him now while he can fetch a nice haul in a trade.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If he won't sign an extension (ARZ needs to make legitimate offer and not low ball), then I would shop him now while he can fetch a nice haul in a trade.
Boras won’t agree to any extension now… DBacks can get one more year out of him and then trade him after the ‘23 season. Or, if the ‘23 season doesn’t pan out and we crater, while Gallen continues to pitch well, perhaps they can trade him next year…

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Boras won’t agree to any extension now… DBacks can get one more year out of him and then trade him after the ‘23 season. Or, if the ‘23 season doesn’t pan out and we crater, while Gallen continues to pitch well, perhaps they can trade him next year…
Then shop now and look for top prospects in return who are MLB ready. The longer you wait the less of a return you get, shame but that's what small market teams should do with Bora's clients. Last Bora's client ARZ had was Patrick Corbin who ARZ let walk for nothing.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Then shop now and look for top prospects in return who are MLB ready. The longer you wait the less of a return you get, shame but that's what small market teams should do with Bora's clients. Last Bora's client ARZ had was Patrick Corbin who ARZ let walk for nothing.
I don't disagree... Though, I think the team might believe they are post-season ready in '23. Holding onto Gallen for the '23 season would therefore be that much more advantageous to their post-season dreams.