49ers trade for Dee Ford

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Even more incentive for Keim to take Bosa or make sure he goes #1.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jesus, imagine if Bosa drops to the Niners too...easily the best pass rush in the league and it’s not close.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Chiefs fans seem pretty happy to get rid of him after the offsides debacle against the Patriots. I don't think the KC front office trusts him to perform at the same level he did in 2018. Injury problems and lack of consistency during his career.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A 2020 second? Not this year's?!

Whoa. Now watch us draft Murray and watch him get obliterated on the field for his short career.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
A 2020 second? Not this year's?!

Whoa. Now watch us draft Murray and watch him get obliterated on the field for his short career.

They're also getting $15m of cap space by dumping him. That's pretty big.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They're also getting $15m of cap space by dumping him. That's pretty big.
Yeah, but now they won't have a pass rush. What's gonna happen to that team? Just expect Berry and Mathieu to stand back there and make plays against guys who can count to 15 before getting touched? When the opposing team is going to be gunslinging to stop Mahomes?

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah, but now they won't have a pass rush. What's gonna happen to that team? Just expect Berry and Mathieu to stand back there and make plays against guys who can count to 15 before getting touched? When the opposing team is going to be gunslinging to stop Mahomes?

Their sack leader Chris Jones (2nd team All-Pro) is still on the team

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score

Who knows. Offseason isn't over. No way in hell they could justify cap hit of $36m for Houston/Ford. They can't really justify the $15m cap hit with Berry either. He has been worthless for two years.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ford has been a 1 year wonder and that one year was his contract year hmmmm

There’s a reason KC is getting rid of him

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
One guy alone isn't the answer, though.

All of them combined got pretty much zero pressure on Brady in the AFC title game. I think they need better coverage and tackling. They are a total dumpster fire in those areas. Who knows if they'll be able to fix that anytime soon. They need to do a great job in the draft of course.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't just Houston a free agent? And doesn't he trump Ford? Or did that change?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Isn't just Houston a free agent? And doesn't he trump Ford? Or did that change?

Houston is a free agent now after they cut him due to his $20m cap hit. Houston is old as hell, starting to decline. Still a good player. I would pay him $10m per year, but not much more than that. Guess we will see if someone is desperate.

Ford is much younger, but he has injury history and lack of consistency. Niners are giving him $88m for 5 years, which seems like a pretty big risk given his career so far.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Ford has been a 1 year wonder and that one year was his contract year hmmmm

There’s a reason KC is getting rid of him

He turned on the motor when he wanted to. My family is from KC and witnessed it first hand. He’s getting paid. This is why you draft a guy like Bosa who has technique and knows only one gear

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
One big thing about this is that it allows the 49ers to maneuver around the draft. Now none of the available players are major needs.

Throws a wrench in the argument from anyone that wants to move back.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houston is a free agent now after they cut him due to his $20m cap hit. Houston is old as hell, starting to decline. Still a good player. I would pay him $10m per year, but not much more than that. Guess we will see if someone is desperate.

Ford is much younger, but he has injury history and lack of consistency. Niners are giving him $88m for 5 years, which seems like a pretty big risk given his career so far.
Thx. He's old now? Crap. I must be getting old. I don't really follow the chiefs or much outside of the Cardinals in general. In my head he was an elite pass rusher and mid career.

He's still unsigned too.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Thx. He's old now? Crap. I must be getting old. I don't really follow the chiefs or much outside of the Cardinals in general. In my head he was an elite pass rusher and mid career.

He's still unsigned too.

He was elite. They gave him a huge contract based on a 22 sack season. He's been a 9-10 sack guy lately.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave