40 times, STOP IT!!!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
As some have said, unless we plan on having a QB sack for a 40 yard loss, stop worrying about Sugg's freaking 40 time. It is funny after seeing all this footage on Suggs and how he totally can make a QB's life living hell, people are upset over tenths of a second? Now if Suggs ran a 5.2 in the forty then I'd be concerned but the guy has football speed. Come on, Bruce Smith and Hugh Douglas do not have Safety or CB speed and probably run a little under 5.00 in the forty (Well Smith did decades ago). I would like to see what the clock said the first 20 yards, that is the proof that you want or even better the first 10 yards. Suggs is also a quick and an aggressive player.

Before the draft talks, I really liked Corey Redding since I saw a majority of all his games being from UT. After all you Zona guys where talking up a storm about Suggs I felt compeled to get some footage on him and came away with this. Redding is a good DE and will be solid in the NFL... Suggs might be one of those who come along once in every 20 years, a stud that changes the way people view a position... that is worth the gamble. The team has the third round to find solid players, a teams job in the first ten picks of the draft is to try and capture lightning in a bottle which is hard to do but happens every so often. The draft is a gamble and the big gambles are for those in the first 10 picks. I like Suggs, hope we get lucky with him.