24: Season 4

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Week after week I keep expecting a let down, yet it never comes.
Cliff hanger after cliff hanger.
Good stuff.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like the cliffhanger this week, but I couldn't keep myself from laughing hysterically.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I like the cliffhanger this week, but I couldn't keep myself from laughing hysterically.

yeah, but it's still good entertainment.

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow - good show again last night. just when tony seems to be getting back on track, it looks like he's going to be knocked down a peg or two - hope he doesn't lose his confidence over it - such a great character on the show.

now jack has to come to the rescue of paul? too funny, when just over an hour ago he was beating the crap out of him. this show is a never-ending series of twists and turns. i really had low expectations for this season, thinking that they couldn't keep up the plots - but it has been a very welcomed surprise - probably the best season so far imo.

shawn

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:

Chap, me too man, I just finished watching it...I was laughing too, lol...

Puhhhleeeeeeez.....Michelle????

Still great show though...

Mike

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They would never do it, but what if Jack got his head lopped off like the other middle east hostages? Noone would believe it happening, until they did it. Up until the last moment, deep down, you'd think, someone is going to rescue him, or at the very least, he will go commando on the captors and survive. Think about the ratings furor if the decapitated him on this show. Fox would ignite a firestorm of controversy. :D

Then Tony, and that new black assistant director would have to save America. :D

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yuma said:
They would never do it, but what if Jack got his head lopped off like the other middle east hostages? Noone would believe it happening, until they did it. Up until the last moment, deep down, you'd think, someone is going to rescue him, or at the very least, he will go commando on the captors and survive. Think about the ratings furor if the decapitated him on this show. Fox would ignite a firestorm of controversy. :D

Then Tony, and that new black assistant director would have to save America. :D

that could be interesting :) probably would get fined by the FCC if they showed it but it would be pretty funny too...see his his head stairing at the camera...and then Tony says what do we do now? :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
that could be interesting :) probably would get fined by the FCC if they showed it but it would be pretty funny too...see his his head stairing at the camera...and then Tony says what do we do now? :)

Yeah, basically everyone at CTU waits around to hear from Jack before doing anything. :D If Jack was gone, they would spend two hours trying to figure what the heck to do! :)

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Yeah, basically everyone at CTU waits around to hear from Jack before doing anything. :D If Jack was gone, they would spend two hours trying to figure what the heck to do! :)

no comment about this last one :( :I'mnotgoodatcommenting:

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man - nothing like making it obvious last night that they were really fudging with the time factor. regardless, it was still pretty good - not the best episode of this season though. however, we did have the seasons first amputation last night.

shawn

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FischerKing said:
man - nothing like making it obvious last night that they were really fudging with the time factor. regardless, it was still pretty good - not the best episode of this season though. however, we did have the seasons first amputation last night.

shawn

:thumbup:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun show, although some things are getting crazy....

who let's someone they don't even know just jump into a stealth bomber and take off?

And also...all the technology that CTU has, and this Megan girl delivers the "Dailys" to Edgar on a CD????

After it was sent down to her via their network?

I mean, that it just so stupid it's funny...lol

Mike

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
A few big stretches tonight but still a great cliff hanger.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The terrorists this season are incredibly well organized. They kidnap the secretary of defense, steal a nuclear plant override device, steal an F-117, shoot down air force one, and then recover the football (at least part of it). Looks like the next week they'll try to steal a nuclear warhead. They must have a supercomputer with good modeling software because even if CTU stops one thing, the terrorists are still 10 steps ahead in their new objective. I'm beginning to think 24 is not too realistic of a program. :p

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
The terrorists this season are incredibly well organized. They kidnap the secretary of defense, steal a nuclear plant override device, steal an F-117, shoot down air force one, and then recover the football (at least part of it). Looks like the next week they'll try to steal a nuclear warhead. They must have a supercomputer with good modeling software because even if CTU stops one thing, the terrorists are still 10 steps ahead in their new objective. I'm beginning to think 24 is not too realistic of a program. :p

Yeah...there are so many unbelievable stretches this year...

1. The Air Force somehow lets a guy run a test flight on a Stealth bomber in a city with terroists running amock...

2. Air Force One/the President decide at the last minute to land in LA to make a speech about this stuff

3. The Terrorists of course completely predict this entire course of action

4. The plane crashes and Arwan (whatever his name is) is of course there in a second to grab the football, while Jack is 40 minutes away, although they were all sort of close together just the previous episode.

5. And the situation is so dire, so incredibly horrific that the football falls into terrorists hands, that they send JACK and ONE GUY after it in a helicopter...

I like the show, but dang, they are stretching things BIG time this year.

And what is with Michelle calling all the shots, while the head of division comes in and stands around?

And what happened to the Secretary of Defense?

Mike

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Yeah...there are so many unbelievable stretches this year...

1. The Air Force somehow lets a guy run a test flight on a Stealth bomber in a city with terroists running amock...

2. Air Force One/the President decide at the last minute to land in LA to make a speech about this stuff

3. The Terrorists of course completely predict this entire course of action

4. The plane crashes and Arwan (whatever his name is) is of course there in a second to grab the football, while Jack is 40 minutes away, although they were all sort of close together just the previous episode.

5. And the situation is so dire, so incredibly horrific that the football falls into terrorists hands, that they send JACK and ONE GUY after it in a helicopter...

I like the show, but dang, they are stretching things BIG time this year.

And what is with Michelle calling all the shots, while the head of division comes in and stands around?

And what happened to the Secretary of Defense?

Mike

Come on, since when has this show ever been realistic? ;)

Seriously though, I like it this year--at least they don't have the really distracting side plots about Jack's idiot daughter and her doomed boyfriends.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:bang: "Amnesty Global" gets a court order in 5 minutes. The acting President needs 20 minutes to think about allowing CTU to use force to extract information from a material witness. S4 is still pretty good (10x better than S3) especially if you don't think about the details at all.

Looks like David Palmer is coming back next week though. :thumbup:

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
:bang: "Amnesty Global" gets a court order in 5 minutes. The acting President needs 20 minutes to think about allowing CTU to use force to extract information from a material witness. S4 is still pretty good (10x better than S3) especially if you don't think about the details at all.

palmer will be back for the remainder of the show. yeah!!!

shawn

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Come on, since when has this show ever been realistic? ;)

Seriously though, I like it this year--at least they don't have the really distracting side plots about Jack's idiot daughter and her doomed boyfriends.

The first season was pretty realistic and they paid WAY more attention to the timeline...this one is a joke :)

Mike

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:

5 minutes, at 12:45am! What judge is awake then, to sign something and get it to a lawyer, who finds a marshall, and all happen to be dressed up in suits and looking like it's a normal time of day???

And the terrorists somehow have a team that is 5 minutes away from a transporting warhead, which they didn't know the location of UNTIL they had the football...

Unbelievable...but it's still a fun show ;)

Mike

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I've been out of town the past few weeks and missed some episodes.
Is it me, President Logan sure has a Richard Nixon vibe about him.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A missile is in the air. I wonder where they are going with the rest of this season. Assuming the missile hits something or is destroyed in the next episode, they'll still have two more episodes.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The missle is probably headed to Washington DC.

HELLER'S KID CALLED MARWAN???!?!?

Holy crap...