2024 Texans pick watch thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right in whose eyes? We got a starting OT that played every down this year and played a role on an offensive line that was 4th in the league at running the ball AND an additional 1st round pick.
Far cry from the Suggs for Skillet hands.
Agreed. Not near that debacle of a trade. And in truth no way to measure it yet with other assets yet to be used. But it’s undoubtedly moving towards less value received with every drop of the Texans picks this year.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes.

If one of GB/TB wins and Texans lose, we would be 26.

If Texans win - we are in the last 4 picks of the draft (28-32).
This is exactly why you never count on draft picks until all of the games have been played. We didn't lose out on the first or second or third pick in this year's draft. We never had those picks. We do have the fourth pick in the draft. We still don't even know when our pick from the Texans will be. No sense worrying about it until they are eliminated. Hopefully we get a good player at that spot or use the pick in a draft move of some kind.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right in whose eyes? We got a starting OT that played every down this year and played a role on an offensive line that was 4th in the league at running the ball AND an additional 1st round pick.
Far cry from the Suggs for Skillet hands.
100%. I thought at the beginning of the season that the Cards would lose out on the trade if the pick fell out of the teens which it did. I'm still happy with the trade though.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone else getting the sense we will stand pat at 4 and maybe trade down from 27 to early 2nd to a team willing to pay extra to get a guy on a 5th year option? Would make a lot of sense, especially if we can add another 3 or 4.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Im rooting for Tampa Bay anyways, for one Bowles, and for two Detroit belongs in the cellar with us, they dont need to pass us.it makes me feel good knowing theres a historically worse franchise then us.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone else getting the sense we will stand pat at 4 and maybe trade down from 27 to early 2nd to a team willing to pay extra to get a guy on a 5th year option? Would make a lot of sense, especially if we can add another 3 or 4.
Trade out of the first round for an extra 3 or 4. No thanks.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's impossible to say now. It all depends on how the first round is going and who is there. To say "We are definitely trading that 2nd 1st rd pick" in January would be incredibly stupid GMing.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree. If there is somebody that we REALLY want around 20, I have no problem swapping our first and adding a 3rd to move up. But it would have to someone we desperately want.
I would rather keep the thirds. Those picks are gold this year...I would actually prefer trading late picks to move back into the 2nd round...
So if we want to move up in round 1, hell...offer all the picks in rounds 4 thru 7 before you offer a single third

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would rather keep the thirds. Those picks are gold this year...I would actually prefer trading late picks to move back into the 2nd round...
So if we want to move up in round 1, hell...offer all the picks in rounds 4 thru 7 before you offer a single third
Like I said it would have to be a player MO deemed as special.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard