2024 NBA Draft talk: Suns own pick 22

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
True. But it’s the “hidden” part that’s the problem. For instance if the nugz really knew what jokic was they would have traded up to get him. So they’re just educated guesses. When it’s a bad draft the hidden gems are fewer to find and more effectively hidden. Which in turn makes it more akin to wild guesses than educated guesses.
That and your relying on finding the hidden gems in the top 10-20 picks and not in the late 1st or 2nd round.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread but the Bronny James thing is getting more absurd by the minute. All the talk that the Lakers will draft him to keep LeBron. He shows up at the NBA combine and measures 3 inches shorter than he's been listed the last 3 years. his wingspan isn't great either. He did measure well in jumping drills and apparently shot well but it's always been clear but is even clearer, if his father wasn't LeBron, he wouldn't even be at the combine let alone likely to get picked.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread but the Bronny James thing is getting more absurd by the minute. All the talk that the Lakers will draft him to keep LeBron. He shows up at the NBA combine and measures 3 inches shorter than he's been listed the last 3 years. his wingspan isn't great either. He did measure well in jumping drills and apparently shot well but it's always been clear but is even clearer, if his father wasn't LeBron, he wouldn't even be at the combine let alone likely to get picked.
I wonder how shocked Lebron was when he finally learned his son was short-armed and short of stature?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how shocked Lebron was when he finally learned his son was short-armed and short of stature?

And to be clear I don't blame Bronny at all, not his fault that this is happening. He seems to be a good kid and I do hope he succeeds in the NBA but given how bad he looked at USC I think it's clear he's going to be in over his head.

I get that LeBron wants to play with his son and I can't fault him on that but it does put Bronny in a tough position IMO

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And to be clear I don't blame Bronny at all, not his fault that this is happening. He seems to be a good kid and I do hope he succeeds in the NBA but given how bad he looked at USC I think it's clear he's going to be in over his head.

I get that LeBron wants to play with his son and I can't fault him on that but it does put Bronny in a tough position IMO
He's probably just as good as Thanasis or Zoran.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns can't aggregate salaries going out, their trade options are very limited, with Nasir Little being a likely candidate.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zoran and Thanasis have both been solid rotation players in the Euroleague. Bronny couldn't even do that in college. Not sure he is even on their level.

I tend to agree with you, although I haven't seen Bronny play. However, I think a lot of NBA executives and fans want the dream to happen.

I'm sure a lot of teams would look at it as the cost of doing business to add Lebron to their roster. If Bronny works out fine. If not, a lot of deep roster players don't work out long term.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you, although I haven't seen Bronny play. However, I think a lot of NBA executives and fans want the dream to happen.

I'm sure a lot of teams would look at it as the cost of doing business to add Lebron to their roster. If Bronny works out fine. If not, a lot of deep roster players don't work out long term.

What do you mean by a lot? Because i've seen more tweets saying nba execs think this kid doesn't even belong or should not even get a look.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by a lot? Because i've seen more tweets saying nba execs think this kid doesn't even belong or should not even get a look.

As many executives in the NBA that would want Lebron on their team.

However, I think the Lakers will keep Lebron and add Bronny.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Danny Ainge is going to call Lebron's hand and see how bad he wants to play with his son or he's going to stick it to the Lakers one more time. LeBron might go to 29 teams to play with Bronnie but he's not going to Utah.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
it's the 22nd pick in the weakest draft in forever

there are no instant contributions to be had

go for the biggest gamble out there - someone who slides due to injury or character issues or is still somewhat of an unknown

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danny Ainge is going to call Lebron's hand and see how bad he wants to play with his son or he's going to stick it to the Lakers one more time. LeBron might go to 29 teams to play with Bronnie but he's not going to Utah.

Leave it to Danny Ainge to force the hand. I wish he were the Suns GM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd