2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things are looking solid with PG Saban Lee and center Udoka Azubuike on two-way contracts.

Suns have one more two-way spot open.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Suns still have interest in Trey Jemison on a two-way with the acquisition of Udoka Azibuike.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picking up TreyJ would be nice.

I like Trey, but the odds of him getting a two-way contract with the Suns probably diminished with the signing of Udoka Azibuike.

Meta might play some small ball center as well.

The Suns are setting themselves up with players that can play center if they trade Ayton.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I like Trey, but the odds of him getting a two-way contract with the Suns probably diminished with the signing of Udoka Azibuike.

The Suns are setting themselves up with players that can play center if they trade Ayton.

Suns will start new season with Ayton and new coach & owner and see how that goes as we all know. Hopefully it will work but you gotta think with all those lower profile centers they have acquired maybe they are thinking that they can go lower budget player at center with the big 3 of Book, Durant, & Beal handling most of the offense load mainly and the other minimum salary & bench players role players do their job well and just trade Ayton and dump that huge salary. I'm not as familiar as some of you on this but can Ayton be traded for draft picks only? if one or more of our other center pans out well as the Suns may figure they don't need a high price center like Ayton just an adequate one. I really hope a new coach & owner brings about a new Ayton. Go Suns!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns will start new season with Ayton and new coach & owner and see how that goes as we all know. Hopefully it will work but you gotta think with all those lower profile centers they have acquired maybe they are thinking that they can go lower budget player at center with the big 3 of Book, Durant, & Beal handling most of the offense load mainly and the other minimum salary & bench players role players do their job well and just trade Ayton and dump that huge salary. I'm not as familiar as some of you on this but can Ayton be traded for draft picks only? if one or more of our other center pans out well as the Suns may figure they don't need a high price center like Ayton just an adequate one. I really hope a new coach & owner brings about a new Ayton. Go Suns!!

Another team would have to be able to absorb Ayton's salary for him to be traded for only picks.

The Suns might decide to trade Ayton for a combination of players if the salaries fit.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another team would have to be able to absorb Ayton's salary for him to be traded for only picks.

The Suns might decide to trade Ayton for a combination of players if the salaries fit.

OKC has a ton of stuff that they don't have the room for, i think 19 players right now plus all those picks?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC has a ton of stuff that they don't have the room for, i think 19 players right now plus all those picks?

The Suns aren't really in position to take on a lot of players and they really don't need Shai. Matching salaries would be a problem.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t fathom one reason why OKC would ever do that. Chet is on a rookie deal with a ton of potential. Dort is a really good player and they’re throwing in picks? Did they start dosing the water down there with crack?

Yes they already have 19 players and a boatload of picks.

But I was putting out nonsense with Chet and Dort, slow day.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yes they already have 19 players and a boatload of picks.

But I was putting out nonsense with Chet and Dort, slow day.
Chet has upside, but from what I saw in summer league, he's pretty limited right now. I am staring to err on let's see what DA does with Vogel. Maybe something opens up later that makes more sense.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Jock finally came out and called out Monty's weird rotation decisions. Like playing well for 3-4 straight games and then suddenly not playing for multiple games. Starting to seem obvious that it isn't just the fans that were having issues with it.

Starts at 27:30 in this video:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chet has upside, but from what I saw in summer league, he's pretty limited right now. I am staring to err on let's see what DA does with Vogel. Maybe something opens up later that makes more sense.

That’s what I voted was to keep Ayton with a new coach. And I still feel that way. I’ve said this before but working for a manager or supervisor who you don’t get along with can make your life hell.

Now the whispers here and there are coming out about Monty. The post above regarding Jock and his comments.
Then the Locked on Suns podcast talked about Monty’s system taking away from DA and had some interesting comments about DA’s rookie year, something I’ve also said as well.
Which is that we should review Aytons rookie year highlights and that’s not the Ayton we have come to know the past couple of seasons.
I think he was excited to be here but he lost all his passion for the game with Monty around.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jock was traded by the Hawks to the Suns for cash after playing only one season for the minimum with the Spurs.

He is a backup center.

So after one season with Phoenix, he signs a 4 year, $32 million contract with the Rockets.

I wouldn't be complaining about playing time with that result.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Jock was traded by the Hawks to the Suns for cash after playing only one season for the minimum with the Spurs.

He is a backup center.

So after one season with Phoenix, he signs a 4 year, $32 million contract with the Rockets.

I wouldn't be complaining about playing time with that result.
He isn't complaining about playing time per se, but the complete inconsistency for seemingly no reason. He could string together a few good games and then not play for a few games. He wasn't the only one that had that same issue either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He isn't complaining about playing time per se, but the complete inconsistency for seemingly no reason. He could string together a few good games and then not play for a few games. He wasn't the only one that had that same issue either.

I liked Jock and wanted him back. However, there are always going to be bench players unhappy with playing time.

Monty's player rotation was often perplexing to me as well but I think Landale got a fair shake.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jock finally came out and called out Monty's weird rotation decisions. Like playing well for 3-4 straight games and then suddenly not playing for multiple games. Starting to seem obvious that it isn't just the fans that were having issues with it.

Starts at 27:30 in this video:

Lyns looked good today

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I liked Jock and wanted him back. However, there are always going to be bench players unhappy with playing time.

Monty's player rotation was often perplexing to me as well but I think Landale got a fair shake.

Did you watch the video? I'm a Monty fan but Jock mentioned some very fair and reasonable insight. He wasn't blaming Monty alone but definitely questioned the rotations.

Plus the video has Lyndsey Smith, who is a smokeshow. Definitely worth a watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard