2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul's deal has a guaranteed date of June 28th so we can't trade him for another team to waive and save money this year. His salary in any deal is guaranteed $30 million, or whatever the full amount is.
My understanding is that teams can trade once their season ends provided their players are under contract. Both Paul and Rozier are under contract for next year. Or would the Suns have to guarantee his deal first for next year before trading him?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t mind Randle at all. He’s not a 1 at all but he would be at best a 3 here.

He doesn't play defense, if his 3 isn't falling he is a negative on offense, he is almost always the last guy back on both ends, his teammates seem to despise him.

No, no and hell no.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My understanding is that teams can trade once their season ends provided their players are under contract. Both Paul and Rozier are under contract for next year. Or would the Suns have to guarantee his deal first for next year before trading him?

It's like trading players on draft night, the trade isn't complete until the new league year starts but can be agreed to in theory. So a swap like that couldn't work as his deal would be guaranteed by the time the trade could be completed.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You blame Paul whether he plays or not.

Right cause I always complain about guys who aren’t playing lol

There’s a reason why I have you on ignore most of the time. I’ve said multiple times Ayton has quit yet you choose to ignore that and want to try and play this Gotcha game.

You bug

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right cause I always complain about guys who aren’t playing lol

There’s a reason why I have you on ignore most of the time. I’ve said multiple times Ayton has quit yet you choose to ignore that and want to try and play this Gotcha game.

You bug

Not trying to play gotcha but you want to reply to one of my posts implying Ayton is better than Mitchell Robinson, I find that quite humorous and will respond. Everyone knows you're Ayton's biggest fan though so keep Stanning for him, it's amusing to see the double standards you apply.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He is under contract right now. CP3 was on a video saying that. What I don't know, I am assuming if he's traded his new team has that option to cut him for the $15 million option we have now. I am assuming the contract trades with the player. Just like we have 3 more years of KD.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Welp, at least DA's value is the lowest its ever been, so there's that. What team needs a snuggly soft 7ft bench warmer? They will be beating down out doors for some of that.
We may be better off keeping him and see what happens if the new coach actually draws up plays for him and knows how to use a center.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not trying to play gotcha but you want to reply to one of my posts implying Ayton is better than Mitchell Robinson, I find that quite humorous and will respond. Everyone knows you're Ayton's biggest fan though so keep Stanning for him, it's amusing to see the double standards you apply.

Yeah let’s trade Ayton for a guy who averages 7 points a game. We talking about the same Mitchel Robinson lol

GTFOH.

On ignore

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah let’s trade Ayton for a guy who averages 7 points a game. We talking about the same Mitchel Robinson lol

GTFOH.

On ignore

Ayton certainly lit up the scoreboard vs Denver, didn't he? 10 ppg for the series but of course "he checked out" which somehow makes that ok. You're a joke.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is under contract right now. CP3 was on a video saying that. What I don't know, I am assuming if he's traded his new team has that option to cut him for the $15 million option we have now. I am assuming the contract trades with the player. Just like we have 3 more years of KD.

Chris Paul can not be officially traded until the new league year, which starts July 1st. That is after his deal for next season becomes fully guaranteed so any team trading for him would be taking on his full salary this next season, which is $30m or so. For the Suns to save money they could waive him before June 28th but that would be a mistake given their financial situation. They'd still be on the hook for the $14m guaranteed then but would need to sign someone else.

CP3's salary beyond next season is not guaranteed so he can be treated as an expiring contract in trades since the following season is not guaranteed.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The team trading for CP3 owes him the full $30m for next season. Before the guarantee date the Suns can only take back roughly $15m in salary. After the guarantee date it’s around $30m. It would make sense for them to wait so the receiving team can send out more salary to the Suns. CP for Rozier + PJ Washington would be perfect but I doubt Charlotte touches that.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton certainly lit up the scoreboard vs Denver, didn't he? 10 ppg for the series but of course "he checked out" which somehow makes that ok. You're a joke.

Better that Mitchell Robinson 4.8ppg against the Heat lol

But he wasn’t checked out he was playing his hardest lmao.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Better that Mitchell Robinson 4.8ppg against the Heat lol

But he wasn’t checked out he was playing his hardest lmao.

Didn't realize he was the 3rd option and was making max money. In that case, he underperformed. He is shooting 71% for his career and was 2nd in offensive rebounds, 6th in blocks per game, and 11th in defensive rating this season. I guess he needs to score more though to really DominAyte, right?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ayton and CP will be traded for quality (but likely overpaid) depth players. I’m one of the few dummies that want Kyrie but it’s not practical. Keeping JJ who is respected by players is smart. He’s Bidwill’s Keim in terms of not getting in the way…

Among free agent coaches Nurse is the most opposite of Monty personality wise. He’s a hyper-adjuster who worked his way up through college and the D-League. Masai Ujiri identified as a phenom tactician and replaced Dwayne Casey after he won COY. Nurse has experience handling superstars (Kawhi) and was integral in the development of Siakam and Anunoby. Last year Toronto underachieved but they were still 12th in net rating. He will need to explain why they took a step back and how he learned from it. Easy call if we can’t get Lue.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Maybe a package deal with Ayton/Shamet for Robinson/Quickley/Josh Hart (plus salary equalizer) and some kind of draft pick swap favoring the Suns? I don't know... just spitballing if they are intent on trading Ayton.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe a package deal with Ayton/Shamet for Robinson/Quickley/Josh Hart (plus salary equalizer) and some kind of draft pick swap favoring the Suns? I don't know... just spitballing if they are intent on trading Ayton.

Josh Hart isn't going anywhere. The Knicks acquired him at the deadline and he became a favorite of Thibs right away playing a bit of the 2, 3, and 4.

Quickley would be nice but I'm not sure if New York will trade him. I'd think not but who knows.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ayton and CP will be traded for quality (but likely overpaid) depth players. I’m one of the few dummies that want Kyrie but it’s not practical. Keeping JJ who is respected by players is smart. He’s Bidwill’s Keim in terms of not getting in the way…

Among free agent coaches Nurse is the most opposite of Monty personality wise. He’s a hyper-adjuster who worked his way up through college and the D-League. Masai Ujiri identified as a phenom tactician and replaced Dwayne Casey after he won COY. Nurse has experience handling superstars (Kawhi) and was integral in the development of Siakam and Anunoby. Last year Toronto underachieved but they were still 12th in net rating. He will need to explain why they took a step back and how he learned from it. Easy call if we can’t get Lue.
I would take Harden over Kyrie at this point. Harden had some clutch games in this year's playoffs. Kyrie helped with the Dallas dysfunction.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would take Harden over Kyrie at this point. Harden had some clutch games in this year's playoffs. Kyrie helped with the Dallas dysfunction.

Harden is the biggest choke artist I’ve ever seen. This is coming from a guy with a pitchfork tattoo. He has a very long history of being bad when it matters most

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

9 points so far in this blowout loss

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think GS will fire Bob Myers so a GM candidate I would target is Mike Zarren of BOS. He is VP of Basketball Operations and is heavy on analytics and runs the cap, two key areas I feel a GM should be an expert in when constructing a roster.

Obviously, I don't think a coaching search or hire will take place until a decision is made about James Jones but to be honest I think PHX needs to go in another direction.

As far as the bench, here are some minimum contract guys I'm interested in:
C Thomas Bryant
SG Shake Milton
SG Seth Curry

Current roster:
Trade Ayton, Shamet, Payne & Paul if possible. I’d keep Bazley as I think he has potential to develop into our starting PF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard