2023 Draft Day 2 thread rds 2 and 3

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

“I made a mistake,” Ossenfort said, via the team’s website. “I own that. It’s a situation we were able to resolve. I have apologized to [Cardinals owner] Michael Bidwill, I’ve apologized to our staff. The deal we worked out, it is what it is and we are moving on from it.”

The Cardinals gave the Eagles the 66th pick in this year’s draft and got the 94th pick back along with a 2024 fifth-round pick.

This hurts and we will feel it today

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I can see us using one of 94 or 96 on Hendon Hooker if he's still there
the team has gone out of its way to signal to Murray that they are all in on him -- taking a QB in the third round would say that was all just a show

IF the team has questions on Murray -- that extra first they picked up last night gives them options next year

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
FWIW: the ole trade value charts says #81+#96 =

a pick around 57-60

that feels like good territory for one of the Centers

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see the Cards taking a qb today, maybe with one of their 6 round picks on Saturday. Some possibilities include Stetson Bennett Georgia, Dorian Thompson-Robinson UCLA, and Clayton Tune Houston. They could be developed into solid backups or potential starters.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
the team has gone out of its way to signal to Murray that they are all in on him -- taking a QB in the third round would say that was all just a show

IF the team has questions on Murray -- that extra first they picked up last night gives them options next year
The fact that the Cardinals have two top 10, or likely top five first round draft picks next year, gives them enough ammunition to move up to number one for a quarterback, if after this season they feel Murray is not the answer for some reason. If they draft a quarterback this year it's likely to be the hyphenated kid out of UCLA in the 6th or 7th round, as a developmental backup.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Steelers have the first pick today at #32. The Cardinals are slated to draft at #33.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talking about next year’s first. Worst record wins

I understand. This would be a great bargaining piece or if the Cardinals decide to draft a quarterback next season.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Need to plan for the future and don't worry about KM's feelings

It's a business and he has to understand this

We can't afford to pass on opportunities

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to plan for the future and don't worry about KM's feelings

It's a business and he has to understand this

We can't afford to pass on opportunities

Agree.

I want Kyler Murray to succeed as well but the Cardinals have to see how he plays coming off a serious injury and how it impacts his game.

Being a mobile quarterback was a big part of that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose