2023 Draft Day 1 thread (no spoilers)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just look at it as if buffalo, Kansas city, or Baltimore want him, what other wide receiver are they going to draft at the end of the first round that would be more productive than him for the next couple of years?
He desires to go to the Bills. I'd take 59 and give them Hopkins and 96.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about Chase Brown?

NFL.com has him as a 4th or 5th rounder. I actually think we should draft a RB high enough this year that he'll likely be the starter the following year. He's not going to start this year we've paid too much to Conner. I think Achane could be that guy next year but I think you want him mid to late 2nd or 3rd. We have 3 thirds but I don't think he makes it to the 3rd round now with 2 RB's going so early.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He desires to go to the Bills. I'd take 59 and give them Hopkins and 96.
If it's just their second round pick, I'm not giving up a third to sweeten that deal. I would only do it if Buffalo was willing to give up their end of round one pick.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL.com has him as a 4th or 5th rounder. I actually think we should draft a RB high enough this year that he'll likely be the starter the following year. He's not going to start this year we've paid too much to Conner. I think Achane could be that guy next year but I think you want him mid to late 2nd or 3rd. We have 3 thirds but I don't think he makes it to the 3rd round now with 2 RB's going so early.
Heck 96 is almost a 4th. I'd do it. He's fast and pretty good catching the ball. A good compliment to Conner.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's just their second round pick, I'm not giving up a third to sweeten that deal. I would only do it if Buffalo was willing to give up their end of round one pick.
I get it but picking up that second could be huge. You could draft Hopkins replacement ,an edge or a DT.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck 96 is almost a 4th. I'd do it. He's fast and pretty good catching the ball. A good compliment to Conner.

Yeah I am not all that familiar with Brown. Achane in most mocks was slated 3rd round in the 60 to 66 area. The problem is most of those mocks didn't have Gibbs going in the first round. So that moves Achane up. I'm a huge Achane fan I think he's one of those guys who's so explosively fast he can be a sort of a poor mans Chris Johnson. He's undersized and that's why very few people have him in the 2nd round, but he's just incredibly quick and fast. Can catch the ball, return kicks, I was going to say would be great in the Chase Edmonds role but of course we're in a new offense so we don't know what our RB's are going to be asked to do.

We do have three 3rds so I'm now hoping he is there and we take him with one of those picks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn