2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Furtherfuthermore, the track record of guys 7'2" or taller is a horror show, also, Victor is a putrid shooter... and that is in Europe! I'm genuneinely not afraid of Victor... if I ran an NBA team and landed the #1 pick, I would be shopping his ass to the highest bidder.
cocaine is a helluva drug

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The idea that the NBA is rigging the lotto for the friggin Spurs is comical.

No... they won it by right of suck.

Furthermore, the Spurs are a ruin of a franchise now. They had their magical run of all-stars who wanted to stay together... that run is dead. Their most recent batch of all-stars have been stepping on each other's heads to force their way out the door. No one wants to play in San Antonio.

Furtherfuthermore, the track record of guys 7'2" or taller is a horror show, also, Victor is a putrid shooter... and that is in Europe! I'm genuneinely not afraid of Victor... if I ran an NBA team and landed the #1 pick, I would be shopping his ass to the highest bidder.
At first, I was pissed. The freaking Spurs....again are going to get a franchise defining player. Then I realized the new CBA and apron is going to limit what they can build around him. All teams are going to be the same boat. As long as you have a star you may have a shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, change the All-Star game back to East vs. West.

I guess they dare not do North vs. South.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Doubling down on the old guys?
You mean the guy who arguably just had the best season in his HOF career? If I was gunning for my championship I might consider layering him alongside Booker and KD.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You mean the guy who arguably just had the best season in his HOF career? If I was gunning for my championship I might consider layering him alongside Booker and KD.

I know, but KD was having his best career this year, too! It would be cool to have younger guys to build around Booker so the window stays open longer for the Suns, in theory. I like Dame. I just don't see Portland doing it. That's like us trading Booker. The fans would tear them up.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lillard will only be traded if he asked out and he refuses to do so. I admire his loyalty. He even went at it with a fan on Twitter recently telling him to start a petition for the Blazers to deal him so they can draft Scoot and build around Scoot. He's not asking out anytime soon.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know, but KD was having his best career this year, too! It would be cool to have younger guys to build around Booker so the window stays open longer for the Suns, in theory. I like Dame. I just don't see Portland doing it. That's like us trading Booker. The fans would tear them up.
I don’t see Portland doing it either. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t do it in a heartbeat. As for the future, once Paul, KD, and Dame all came off the books there would be ridiculous cap space to chase book’s next star recruit.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don’t see Portland doing it either. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t do it in a heartbeat. As for the future, once Paul, KD, and Dame all came off the books there would be ridiculous cap space to chase book’s next star recruit.
I am just jacked to see who we could get this off season supposedly since we are a destination, according to pundits. It's like a blank canvass. Here's 3-4 guys, now you build out the roster to win the next title. Sounds like it could be fun.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am just jacked to see who we could get this off season supposedly since we are a destination, according to pundits. It's like a blank canvass. Here's 3-4 guys, now you build out the roster to win the next title. Sounds like it could be fun.

I admire your optimism and ability to buy into the pundits saying this is a destination. Yes, there are some ways to make moves but they're limited as far Ayton on a max deal and CP3 as an expiring. JJ hasn't proven he's capable of pulling off a really good trade as GM yet. Say what you want about the CP3 trade, it netted us an effective Paul for a year but OKC had no use for him and was willing to send him to a contender that could offer easily moveable contracts they could shop for more assets later, which they received I believe 2 or 3 1st rounders in addition to the 1 we sent when they moved Rubio and Oubre later.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The idea that there would be any team in the league that would take Bridges over Jamal Murray is absurd.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd be more excited if the Suns had a larger budget than shopping at the thrift store.

At this point the Suns almost have to trade Ayton whether the new coach wants too or not.

I do think the right GM could better fill holes in the roster.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers have made calls about Trae Young.

I could see Lebron running away to Atlanta. It’s ever he does. Going gets tough run away

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose