2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Memphis has a lot of talent... but man... that team seems stupid. The careless turnovers the awful shots they take... they're very similar to last year's Suns (playing with a chip on their shoulder, playing with a lot of swagger, wanting to crush teams) but at the same time very different... as in... they're stupid. They seem to think they're the Harlem Globe Trotters, they're up against the Generals, they're fated to win by 30... but, the opposition seems to now and then, and the Grizz don't know how to react.

Yeah that's why I'm saying I'm not sure Jenkins is the guy longterm, he may be Mark Jackson for them. They're the best defensive team in the league, but their offense relies on offensive rebounding because they take a ton of bad shots. I love Ja but if the NBA decided to call the carries the way they said they were going to(and did for about a week), Ja would be hurt by it more than anybody else in the league he carries the ball constantly. Amazing player, but still has work to do. He's improved his defense but still I don't get why teams don't go after more he's still not a very good defender just goes for blocks and steals.

I still say they're going to be an elite team and they still have the 2nd best record in the West but man 4 in a row and probably 3 of them were games they had no business losing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One point that game brought up for me as they kept mentioning that Poole and Jaren Jackson played together in HS at La Lumiere. They're both 23, the starting PG on that La Lumiere team they were together on was Tyger Campbell who's still at UCLA. Had an ACL tear, about 5'9" so 5th year senior turned 23 in Jan. Poole wasn't all that highly regarded but went to Michigan, JJJ was of course highly recruited went to MSU. THe top rated prospect on that team that year was Brian Bowen the kid who committed to Louisville but then got caught up in the FBI recruiting scandal, he never played college ball went to australia, 2 stints in the G league, 12 games in the NBA and is apparently playing somewhere overseas now. Just interesting to me how things work out in the end it's not always the most talented kids who make it's the kids who work hard, and have the right support system(Bowen's dad was the one who got him in trouble).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He was the reason they lost the last game they were up 10 and he kept jacking up shots, missing and the Nets caught up and took the game. He's still playing like he's the Klay pre injury. He's had some great games but he's shot them out of a bunch of games too.

But he's a hell of a post game interview because he's just brutally honest.
It has to be incredibly difficult coming to grips with who you are now when you considered what klay was previously. Learning how to adapt your game to remain impactful also can’t be easy. Shoot, mentally I think it’s can still do stuff when I was 30 and I know, in reality, my body can’t do it. Can’t imagine what that’s like for a top flight athlete.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the Warriors, there’s a lot of speculation that Myers won’t be coming back as GM next year. This article mentions the Suns as one of the teams willing to give him top dollar to come here.

Yeah it would be dumb to let him go and I had no idea he wasn't a top 3 paid GM.

This is such a weird year there are games where they just look like they're as good as anybody in the league, but they're 500 and losing a ton of games in the 4th quarter.

Wiggins came back but is clearly not 100% and then Kuminga comes back and looks great and everyone is wondering why did they rush Wiggins back but not Kuminga. We still don't know the truth on Wiseman's injury, the original story was during shootaround he landed on a ball that had been shot and rolled under him, rolled his ankle and would miss a few games. he has been out for weeks now. He's suited up but not playing, nobody knows if they're going to trade him and that's why he was sitting. THey have this ongoing issue with Lamb and Ty Jerome both 2 way guys will they sign them or not. The Iggy situation is unpopular everyone loves him but why are they tying up a roster spot he's done.

So there are issues but other than maybe the Wiseman pick can't really fault Myers for it.

I still wouldn't be surprised at all to see them make a run in the playoffs but it's getting late to see proof.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it would be dumb to let him go and I had no idea he wasn't a top 3 paid GM.

This is such a weird year there are games where they just look like they're as good as anybody in the league, but they're 500 and losing a ton of games in the 4th quarter.

Wiggins came back but is clearly not 100% and then Kuminga comes back and looks great and everyone is wondering why did they rush Wiggins back but not Kuminga. We still don't know the truth on Wiseman's injury, the original story was during shootaround he landed on a ball that had been shot and rolled under him, rolled his ankle and would miss a few games. he has been out for weeks now. He's suited up but not playing, nobody knows if they're going to trade him and that's why he was sitting. THey have this ongoing issue with Lamb and Ty Jerome both 2 way guys will they sign them or not. The Iggy situation is unpopular everyone loves him but why are they tying up a roster spot he's done.

So there are issues but other than maybe the Wiseman pick can't really fault Myers for it.

I still wouldn't be surprised at all to see them make a run in the playoffs but it's getting late to see proof.

Its called burn out. Tough to stay on top all the time.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like you got the story backwards my friend. I don’t think you really understand Boxing and what’s it’s like to get in that ring.
Instead, we have several versions of how things fell apart when almost everything was set for this super fight.
All I can say is I have read almost every book and article I could get on Wilt when I was younger, and I am only imparting what U read. I will put this version in mt archive too. Thanks for looking that up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say is I have read almost every book and article I could get on Wilt when I was younger, and I am only imparting what U read. I will put this version in mt archive too. Thanks for looking that up.

ALi did fight a Japanese Pro Wrestler Antonio Inoki. Don't remember the Wilt thing I was too young. The Inoki fight was the inspiration for Rocky vs "Thunderlips" (Hulk Hogan) in the Rocky sequel.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
ALi did fight a Japanese Pro Wrestler Antonio Inoki. Don't remember the Wilt thing I was too young. The Inoki fight was the inspiration for Rocky vs "Thunderlips" (Hulk Hogan) in the Rocky sequel.
Yeah! Technically, I knew Wilt backed out. That's not what I sayting. Ali's camp was relieved that fight never happened. Of course Ali wasn't worried. He never feared anyone. It was the trainers and entourage that worried.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose