2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seriously. That’s 1 v. 2 in the West, I watched five minutes of it and thought neither of these teams will have any say in who goes to the Finals, got bored and turned it off.
Denver is going to be tough to beat if they remain healthy. Jamal and MPJ are giving them good production. And Jokic is going to get his numbers. They’re amazing at home (29-4). Not saying they’re the favorite but they will be a tough out.

Kings are so good in the clutch. Fox and Sabonis are great. The west is so wide open. I’ve said it before, anyone but Golden State and I’d be fine with whoever represents the west if the Suns don’t make it.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
With KD back in lineup, we match up with Clippers much better now. It'd be optimal if we catch up with Kings to finish 3rd in the West and play a 1st round with likely Mavs or Clippers.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With KD back in lineup, we match up with Clippers much better now. It'd be optimal if we catch up with Kings to finish 3rd in the West and play a 1st round with likely Mavs or Clippers.
Hey we’re only 4 games behind Memphis for the 2 seed. A lot of basketball left. Dillon Brooks is going to miss their game Sunday because of technical foul accumulation.

We’ve got the Kings two more times I believe. That could determine seeds 2-4. Ideally we get the 2 and play the Timberwolves in round 1. I’d rather avoid the Mavs or Warriors in round 1. I think we’ll beat the Clippers. That’s why we got a guy like KD who can cancel out Kawhi. Book is a better player at this point than PG. Lot of basketball left.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka is on the same path as Russ.
Dude has never had any premium talent around him and the one time they did have a good player next to him with Brunson, he got to the Conference Finals.

Russ never achieved anything close to that. Now they imported the biggest cancer in the league. Their inability to surround him with anything resembling serious talent is that team’s undoing. Not Luka’s, IMO.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude has never had any premium talent around him and the one time they did have a good player next to him with Brunson, he got to the Conference Finals.

Russ never achieved anything close to that. Now they imported the biggest cancer in the league. Their inability to surround him with anything resembling serious talent is that team’s undoing. Not Luka’s, IMO.

I think that problem will continue. He seems like a miserable teammate.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And he is pudgy, ball dominant and players like Porzingis that get traded away from Dallas suddenly look better again.

The marriage of Kyrie and Luka baffles me. It reminds me of the two and three of systems the Suns tried to run under McD.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Main difference being that Luka can shoot from the outside. He will probably never be on a bad offensive team, but may never be on a team that has a legit shot at winning a title.

I agree with that. I was more stating that he is getting a reputation that's larger than his play.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If the Suns are somehow able to re-sign 3kogie (and he continues to wear it) we should all go in on some masks and do it Canal St style like a block away from footprint and catch fans on their way in

lol we should do it for the playoffs this year

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the Suns are somehow able to re-sign 3kogie (and he continues to wear it) we should all go in on some masks and do it Canal St style like a block away from footprint and catch fans on their way in

lol we should do it for the playoffs this year

It seems like a real longshot at this point the Suns will be able to keep him if he keeps this play up. Best case scenario is he really likes it here and gets a 2 year tax mle with a player option to try to get to his bird rights.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will hurt. The Grizzlies lose Brandon Clarke for the season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard