2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What??? Thats non sense.
No one is going to pay him that, considering he was a backup on the suns during bad years, and is a 13pt/8reb in 30min guy for the kings.

He must be smoking that iish again.

Trez does about the same for 10M and way less minutes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What??? Thats non sense.
No one is going to pay him that, considering he was a backup on the suns during bad years, and is a 13pt/8reb in 30min guy for the kings.

That deal seems a little high but he'll get between $15-20 million a year. He's one of the best Centers in this class, possibly THE best. He's a high energy player who will give you 14 pts, 8 reb, and 1.5 blocks every night and shoots 64% from the field while doing so. He really came into his own in Sacramento. They kept his minutes low because they were still trying to give time to Bagley and they had Whiteside there also.

Trez turned down larger deals to sign with a contender. That was his mistake. He also turned down a larger offer from the Clippers before becoming a free agent because he didn't like how they coddled Kawhi.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That deal seems a little high but he'll get between $15-20 million a year. He's one of the best Centers in this class, possibly THE best. He's a high energy player who will give you 14 pts, 8 reb, and 1.5 blocks every night and shoots 64% from the field while doing so. He really came into his own in Sacramento. They kept his minutes low because they were still trying to give time to Bagley and they had Whiteside there also.

Trez turned down larger deals to sign with a contender. That was his mistake. He also turned down a larger offer from the Clippers before becoming a free agent because he didn't like how they coddled Kawhi.

Oubre makes 15M and is a 15/6 guy, and is probably and all around better player, but he's not a center. 20M for that type of production for Holmes, no way.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oubre makes 15M and is a 15/6 guy, and is probably and all around better player, but he's not a center. 20M for that type of production for Holmes, no way.

Wings are a dime a dozen in the league, legit big men aren't and we just how vital they are in the postseason. He'll get close to it. He's 27 and whoever signs him will get him in his prime years. He's getting close to $20 million a year. There just aren't many true Centers out there and he is one who plays both sides of the court. Look at what Steven Adams or Jonas Valencunis make, I'd put Rashaun in the same class as them, perhaps a little higher because of his age.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Holmes is a far better player than Oubre. It's really not even close. Just look at the PER's, Richaun is around 20 and Kelly is around 13.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone pining for him can move on now. I get that he was a really good backup to Ayton but he wants to get paid and start, resigning here was never realistic.
Nobody is paying him that much. He will be lucky to get mid level money.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Holmes is a far better player than Oubre. It's really not even close. Just look at the PER's, Richaun is around 20 and Kelly is around 13.

You have to look beyond per. It's also about position.

Much easier to replace a big man cheap than a skilled wing.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Holmes to a degree, but I don't think anyone should want him as their starting center.

He really fits the energy big off the bench role much better and is undersized for what I want in a starter.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're joking right? I guarantee he's getting more than Mid level money.

Not joking. Who is going to pay him that much? Cap room is more valuable than throwing it at a guy like him.

Well let me put it this way, if I was running a team there is no way in hell I would pay him that much.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What??? Thats non sense.

Exactly. Trez is a better player, but he is even more undersized.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not joking. Who is going to pay him that much? Cap room is more valuable than throwing it at a guy like him.

Well let me put it this way, if I was running a team there is no way in hell I would pay him that much.

Charlotte has cap space, so does New Orleans, San Antonio, New York, and possibly Miami, Dallas, and Indiana depending on what moves they make this offseason. Those are just the teams I can recall having space this summer. There will be a few others who try to make space and grab a guy like Holmes.

Whether you think he's worth it or not, he's in for a big payday and will get it from somewhere. I wouldn't pay the majority of players what they ask but they get it somewhere. Holmes will get paid. He already turned down an extension offer from Sacramento that was around $11 million a year. He is worth MLE money at the very least. You probably haven't seen him since he's been in Sacramento.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Harrell may be a bit undersized for a center but he is 6'7 without shoes and has a 7'4.25 wingspan. I will take that. He is a tough to handle at over 250 pounds.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to look beyond per. It's also about position.

Much easier to replace a big man cheap than a skilled wing.
Look beyond PER? When it's that much of a difference? Maybe if one of them was a transcendent defensive player that would make sense but that's not the case here. And Kelly is anything but a skilled wing. He's a momentum player that kills momentum even more often that he swings it your way. I wouldn't pay Holmes 20 a year either but he can make a good team better. I don't think you can say that about Oubre.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trez probably is a better player, I'd love to have either him or Holmes as our backup big. But they are both the kind of player that finally gets overpaid and disappoints the team that does so. It would be great if we could get one of them for role player money but that doesn't look likely.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look beyond PER? When it's that much of a difference? Maybe if one of them was a transcendent defensive player that would make sense but that's not the case here. And Kelly is anything but a skilled wing. He's a momentum player that kills momentum even more often that he swings it your way. I wouldn't pay Holmes 20 a year either but he can make a good team better. I don't think you can say that about Oubre.

I don’t think Oubre makes 15 again.

and I don’t think anyone is giving Holmes 20 million. He’s not the missing piece as a starter for anyone challenging for the title. He’s a great off the bench big for a contender though and that would probably max him at the MLE.

there’s only one team I can see giving him 20 and that’s the Knicks if they strikeout everywhere else. Otherwise he’s probably getting 10-15 per this off-season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trez probably is a better player, I'd love to have either him or Holmes as our backup big. But they are both the kind of player that finally gets overpaid and disappoints the team that does so. It would be great if we could get one of them for role player money but that doesn't look likely.

bingo.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need a player like Bobby Portis who can spread the court and play inside as well.

I know there were some issues in Chicago but if he has moved past them, he fits what the Suns need.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evidently the Spurs and Kings are are interested in getting Kuzma from the Lakers. The Lakers would get Bobby Buddy Hield or DeMar DeRozan. I thought the Lakers were dead set on PG but this trade seems more of a swap of like players. I think out of the two Hield can stretch the floor more with his 3 point shooting.

If the Lakers do get a PG and add a more product player at this position? They are going to be better next season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shams is reporting Lakers are getting Westbrook for Kuzma Harrell and KCP.

So either way sounds like Paul is not going to the Lakers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

interesting. Good news on Paul not being an option there if true.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I cannot picture this working out well for the Lakers. Granted, they are not giving up much, but Westbrook seems like a terrible fit there.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Westbrook is a turnover machine. Perfect fit for the Lakers.