2020 season

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tates gone and it can't get worse. Wait I say that about my job and believe me things can get worse. Anyway I see a much better season

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Offense has weapons. Gunnell is one of the best QBs in the conference. Issue, as always, is defense. We’re gonna see popcorn vendors at linebacker with how many defections we’ve had at the position.

Last edited:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to file this, but pretty crazy. Sun Devil fans in Tucson?

Arizona Wildcats radio station listeners go ballistic over announced ASU sports reports
The radio home of the Arizona Wildcats announced a programming change earlier this week.

It isn't going over well in Tucson.

Wildcats Radio 1290, the radio home of University of Arizona athletics, will now feature regular reports on ASU football and ASU basketball.

Jordan Spurgeon, the new ASU insider for the station (and an ASU graduate) tweeted the news on Monday.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ers-go-ballistic-over-asu-reports/6146647002/

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Arizona fans probably already know this but their game at Utah tomorrow has been canceled.

TJ

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to file this, but pretty crazy. Sun Devil fans in Tucson?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ers-go-ballistic-over-asu-reports/6146647002/

It’s beyond the ASU stuff. The people who took over that station have no idea what they’re doing. The guy doing talk radio is based in San Diego and doesn’t have his finger on the pulse of anything going on in Tucson. So many loyal listeners have boycotted. It’s a travesty

TJ

Reaction score
I'm sure Arizona fans probably already know this but their game at Utah tomorrow has been canceled.

Arizona was an hour from boarding the plane when this news dropped and the equipment truck was already in SLC waiting for the team.

Completely irresponsible on Utah’s part. It’ll go as a no-contest, but Utah should forfeit. Had there been an extra 24 hour notice, Arizona could’ve played Washington in Seattle, whose game against Cal was cancelled days prior.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona was an hour from boarding the plane when this news dropped and the equipment truck was already in SLC waiting for the team.

Completely irresponsible on Utah’s part. It’ll go as a no-contest, but Utah should forfeit. Had there been an extra 24 hour notice, Arizona could’ve played Washington in Seattle, whose game against Cal was cancelled days prior.

That's really disappointing.

It's too bad Arizona couldn't have played Washington whose game with Cal was canceled. It's going to be interesting if Cal plays at Arizona State on November 14th.

The PAC-12 season could be a crazy one.

TJ

Reaction score
Encouraging to see some fight from this team. Gunnell is the real deal. Wish we had some depth on defense

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Encouraging to see some fight from this team. Gunnell is the real deal. Wish we had some depth on defense

I think he’s going to be. He’s got a lot to work on but has the tools.

Not sure I could name 3 defenders on this team.

TJ

Reaction score
I think he’s going to be. He’s got a lot to work on but has the tools.

Not sure I could name 3 defenders on this team.
Rourke Freeburg, from the mighty Desert Mountain High School (best HS in the state), doesn’t do it for you?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's time to fire Sumlin. This team is worse than the Mackovic team.

Outside of hiring Adia Barnes, Dave Heeke has really run our athletic department into the ground.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Aaaaaand...Sumlin's gone. Had to happen.

Should let Heeke go as well. I don't trust him to hire a replacement.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seemed like Sumlin phoned it in the last 12 months or so.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
ASU football scored more points than UA basketball this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s going to be a smaller west coast high energy/go getter type coach that comes in. No more failed big school retreads.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s going to be a smaller west coast high energy/go getter type coach that comes in. No more failed big school retreads.
Any names come to mind?

Problem is Sumlin could not recruit here for whatever reason. Ever since Rich Rod's firing UA has been on a downward spiral to the bottom of the Pac-12.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Any names come to mind?

Problem is Sumlin could not recruit here for whatever reason. Ever since Rich Rod's firing UA has been on a downward spiral to the bottom of the Pac-12.

My #1 would be Ken N but after they butchered the first go around I don’t see. A lot of smoke seems to be around SJSU HC Brad Brennan. He’s got AZ ties and reportedly can bring in a great staff. The pickings are slim.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My #1 would be Ken N but after they butchered the first go around I don’t see. A lot of smoke seems to be around SJSU HC Brad Brennan. He’s got AZ ties and reportedly can bring in a great staff. The pickings are slim.

I want Kalani Sitake, but I'm afraid we're going to settle for someone like Brennan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose