2019 Pro Football Hall Of Fame Candidates Named

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...onzalez-ed-reed-lead-firsttime-hof-candidates

Some notable names who I believe have a shot at the HoF, some maybe not this time but sometime in the future:

QB-Donavan McNabb
RB-none really
WR-Hines Ward, Megatron(hard to believe he's been retired for 5 years), Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce
TE-Tony Gonzalez(this is a no brainer)
OL-Tony Boselli, Chris Samuels, Steve Wisniewski
DL-Neil Smith
LB-Darryl Talley, Willie McGinest
DB-Eric Allen, Steve Atwater, Ty Law, John Lynch, Tim McDonald, Adrian Wilson
K/P-None until Vinitieri retires
ST-Steve Tasker
Coaches-Don Coryell, Tom Flores, Jimmy Johnson, Marty Schottenheimer, Dan Reeves, Mike Holmgren

Interesting theme with the head coaches. Coryell, while great coaches who did great things with more than one team couldn't get to the big one while Reeves is a rarity to lose Super Bowls with more than one team. Holmgren did but he also won one.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holt, Boselli, McGinest, McDonald, Coryell, Gonzalez are the no brainers for me. Would love to see Adub make it.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My best memory of Boselli was during the Delhomme meltdown Cards/panthers playoff game. Boselli was the sideline reporter and after one Fitz phenomenal catch, Boselli said of.Fitz..."you can't guard him and he can run like the wind! Comment has stuck with me all these years.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
all those TE's deserve to get in.... Gonzales will get it due to stats..... Mark Bavaro was one bad man though...he was an absolute beast

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
JMO, but I don’t think Adrian Wilson gets into the HoF.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I think Bruce should be in but I doubt voters will choose him over Hines Ward who will be a lock and Megatron who will be a lock. In which case, I really doubt they select 3 WR's to go in the same year so Bruce and Holt will have to wait again.

Tony Gonzalez is automatic.

McGinnist and Lynch will probably make it in on defense so other guys will have to wait.

O-line, not so sure but one will probably get in.

Coryell and Flores should both be in already IMO but I also think Jimmy Johnson should get in. I wouldn't necessarily exclude Holmgren and Schottenheimer but they warrant more debate IMO.

Isn't there a limit to the number of people that go in in any given year? 6 players, 1 coach, 1 executive and 1 legends or something like that?

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kieth Jackson has better numbers then all of them, any idea why he isn't on the list?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
By me. He certainly has the numbers. He's got better numbers than John Mackey, Dave Casper, and Charlie Sanders and they're in.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
JMO, but I don’t think Adrian Wilson gets into the HoF.
I don’t he ever stands a chance though I think he was a better player than Lynch, whom will prolly get in at some point because of TV time & popularity on 2 teams.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I don’t he ever stands a chance though I think he was a better player than Lynch, whom will prolly get in at some point because of TV time & popularity on 2 teams.
Wasn't Lynch a 2 time champion while AW never got one? If both are great individual players that's going to be a tie-breaker.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boselli,Coryell,Tony Gonzalez top 3 IMO.
Jimmy Johnson gets in before Coryell. You don't turn a 1-15 team into a 3 time world champion and not secure a space in Canton. I'm as big a hater in Johnson and Dallas as the next Card fan but you have to be real here. Also, there are other coaches like Reeves, while he never won the big one took 2 different teams to the Super Bowl including the Broncos 3 times in 4 years while Coryell only won 3 playoff games. Hell, even Schottenheimer gets in before Coryell. 21 years as a head coach and his worst record was 7-9. He just ran into bad luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson