2016 NFL Draft round 1.

Arizona_Steve

Veteran
Reaction score
We needed a QB, we trade for Carson Palmer

We had weakness blocking a few years ago, we paid Jared Veldheer & Mike Iupati

We had a need for pass rush...we took Robert Nkemdiche & Chandler Jones with our 1st two picks in the draft.

THANK YOU STEVE KEIM

And Evan Mathis this year for the O-Line.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Wow!! He is the only one that said he was picked where he wanted to be. I am stocked! Him and Gunter are going to be a huge DL for the future!

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, I expected Carolina to take a CB after losing Norman...

Especially with Fuller & Alexander still on the board.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And a round 4 production guy!!! Plenty of guys have physical ability, only the ones driven to be great at their craft succeed. This kid isn't self motivated IMO.

Wait until he sees his rookie contract. That dude will be a holdout. Slot won't matter to him.

OP
OP
D

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought he was very well spoken. Love the pick.

I was thinking the same thing. Sounded like he has something between the ears. Most in his situation don't. I think he well be alright.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm gonna come back in 3 years & say I told ya so! The kid ain't got it!!! He's living off kicking HS kids ass while being a man among boys.

I'm soooooooo pissed right now!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Well, Nkemdiche did not remotely sound like an idiot in the interview and was actually really articulate... and at least he agrees with you that Bama players are overrated lol

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We had the luxury to be risky here... I LOVE how BASK and Michael do their homework and aren't afraid to trust their process! NK can crash and burn... But I'm betting on our guys, along with our player leadership to get this kid on board and producing at the levels to match his freaky talent!! What a pick!!!!!!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
don't like the pick...dude is trouble just waiting to happen.....then the damned panthers get Butler right behind us.....

bummed.

he was even slipping up in his talk with prime time...when Prime asks him what he learned... "You gotta be careful"..... then he switched up to staying focused.....

countdown to first weed suspension....... tick tock, tick tock....

OP
OP
D

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I love the draft. Great night. Off to watch the Dbacks game. 3-0 top of 8 Dbacks.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
We had a choice at 29 to pick one of two top 5 talents in the draft. We picked the healthy one. Good Job. The Cards have sure turned their one time ignorance about football into one of the most intelligent front offices. Woopie.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NFL Network great interview with NK.

"Can't wait to go to war with these guys"

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
You take chances in rounds 3-7 not round one!!! In round 1 you better be drafting a star, not a mediocre unmotivated young kid

Wrong. The whole draft is a crapshoot. Only 1/3 of first rounders ever pan out. If you have a chance to take a guy who can be a star you go for it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl and I are having a shot of Jameson for O, Skkorp, KingofCards, Earthsci, Jstadvl, DuckJake and every other Cards fan we have lost from this board.

On draft day, I can't help but miss you all

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he was even slipping up in his talk with prime time...when Prime asks him what he learned... "You gotta be careful"..... then he switched up to staying focused.....

He may have all kinds of red flags, but you're reaching if you saw one in his answer to Deion's question about his reaction to what happened to Tunsil. He said, "The world is a dangerous place. You just gotta be careful, you know what i mean? You gotta stick to the plan and stick to your goals and know what's ahead of you." There was no near-miss to a slip up and no switching to another line of response.

:shrug:

...dbs

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jersey Girl and I are having a shot of Jameson for O, Skkorp, KingofCards, Earthsci, Jstadvl and every other Cards fan we have lost from this board.

On draft day, I can't help but miss you all

Stay safe with that many shots... lol

I'll go have a fireball shot for them right now!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn