2013 NFL Free Agency Thread

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep.

Also, I wonder where all this money is to come from for the Cardinals to sign 5 players in the 1st 15 minutes of free agency.

If there is a big splash by the Cardinals I will be very surprised.

I didn't think they would last month, and still don't today.

Exactly

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yep.

Also, I wonder where all this money is to come from for the Cardinals to sign 5 players in the 1st 15 minutes of free agency.

If there is a big splash by the Cardinals I will be very surprised.

I didn't think they would last month, and still don't today.

:thumbup:

I don't think it's going to help either with all the $$$ ownership will have to eat for all the coaching firings & player releases

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Raiders announced they released WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, DB Michael Huff and DE David Tollefson; and re-signed DB Phillip Adams.

I geuess speed is not the answer.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I geuess speed is not the answer.

Releasing DHB really surprises me... he had his scattered moments last year. Did he really cost that much? I'd bring him in as a 4th WR if there weren't so much money tied up there right now. I'm happy with Cribbs and LaRon Byrd or a draftee/UDFA to back up Fitz/Floyd/Roberts.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Releasing DHB really surprises me... he had his scattered moments last year. Did he really cost that much? I'd bring him in as a 4th WR if there weren't so much money tied up there right now. I'm happy with Cribbs and LaRon Byrd or a draftee/UDFA to back up Fitz/Floyd/Roberts.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Raiders announce release of Heyward-Bey (no surprise w/him set to make $8M and Huff, who had a roster bonus due. Hearing Palmer likely stays

$8M is a lot.

Looks like Carson is not an option.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anything on Revis yet?
No. Typical Jets mixed message.

Latest word has TB sending the owner's plane out west to bring back Goldson (our loss). Logically, the Bucs might find it too expensive to have 2 highly-paid safeties on its roster and then want to take Revis's monetary hit as well.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No. Typical Jets mixed message.

Latest word has TB sending the owner's plane out west to bring back Gholston (our loss). Logically, the Bucs might find it too expensive to have 2 highly-paid safeties on its roster and then want to take Revis's monetary hit as well.

You mean Dashon Goldson.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Percy Harvin contract

6 year 67 million
14.5 guaranteed

Per NFP

A bit much me thinks

Depends on Mike Wallace's contract with the Fins. $11.1M per year for as dynamic a player as Harvin could turn out to be a good deal.

DeSean Jackson's contract averages like $9.7M per year, and Harvin IMO is a better player than Jackson.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It happened with us on players & coaches after the SB, so be thankful it's just been players.
I thought it would happen....I kind of wanted them back but not at the price that they were asking for.
I got a feeling Goldson contract is going to be uuuuuuuuugggggggllllly (lots of money guranteed, which is what he wanted.)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Actually that's not as bad a contract I thought it'd be for Seattle. There's also been word Charles Woodson is visiting SF.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I thought it would happen....I kind of wanted them back but not at the price that they were asking for.
I got a feeling Goldson contract is going to be uuuuuuuuugggggggllllly (lots of money guranteed, which is what he wanted.)

But hey, you got a great team player & performer when it's nut cutting time in Q!!! We as Cards fans hate it but he's gonna abuse us as payback to ownership IMO.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But hey, you got a great team player & performer when it's nut cutting time in Q!!! We as Cards fans hate it but he's gonna abuse us as payback to ownership IMO.
I love me some Boldin.:D
He's already changed his Twitter header and everything.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Of course everything depends on the price.

Not bringing in Alexander to be a starter so I dont care how many games he has started over his career.

I think Cribbs brings in more value then most are giving credit for. 12 yard average returning punts is excellent. So is returning kickoffs for a 28 yard clip. As a return man he would still be touching the ball 5-6 times a game and I would like a guy who is one of the best doing it 5-6 times a game. 5-6 times a game means he would touch the ball more then a #3 WR would in a season.

Peterson is thinking to hard about uping his CB game and it ruined his punt returning last year IMO. Having Cribbs do it instead of Peterson is also a plus IMO.

This makes me feel better about the possibility of adding Cribbs. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction K9.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Cribbs and Alexander leaning toward Cardinals deals

PFT must've gotten around to reading the Foxsports.com article...

After seeing what Leon Washington has done for the Seahawks the past few years, Josh Cribbs would be an excellent get IMO. He's a very high character individual and a very good special teamer. Finally a free agent I can generate some excitement about.

NFLN piece on the dynamic special-team phenom and wildcat option under Eric Mangini.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ribbs-reportedly-eyed-by-49ers-giants-cowboys

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn