2011 NBA FINALS: Dallas Mavericks Vs Miami Heat

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Dallas Mavericks; NBA Champion 2010-2011 season.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
CONGRATZ MAVS!

Whats up with Dirk running to the locker room?

I dont know if he was just so emotional he wanted to get it out of his system or if he was hurt but it was obviously something. Maybe he just had to poop really bad?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats to the Mavs, and to Mavs fans. Hopefully someday we Suns fans will know the feeling!

we will NEVER know that feeling as long as we have an owner in Sarver who's the polar opposite of Mark Cuban.

the Mavs lose in the first round and they add to their team... we lose two games short of the Finals and we get rid of half of our team.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Glad it's over and I don't have to root for Cuban's team again. Glad to see Kidd, Marion and Nowitzki get a ring. Glad LeBron remains ringless and hope he retires without one. As for Miami, perhaps they need to figure out how to add a couple more superstars in the offseason, because three clearly wasn't enough.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's nice to see a new winner of an Nba championship. :)

I'm glad to see Dirk and Marion win a ring. :)

Last edited:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's funny to see the Mavs end up winning the title after teams were hoping to draw them in the 1st round. :p

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dirk deserves it. I'm more glad for Marion. Terry's tattoo makes the story cooler. The Miami meltdown should be a sandwich in Dallas. Cleveland is somehow the most victorious in all of this. Leboob really answered a lot of questions. Next year is going to be crazy. Spoelstra won't be there next year, at least he shouldn't be.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and for the love of GOD, Sarver, do the right thing and trade Nash to a team who's got a shot at the title! I sooooooooo don't want to see his last couple seasons trying his damndest on this ******* team we have.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
we will NEVER know that feeling as long as we have an owner in Sarver who's the polar opposite of Mark Cuban.

the Mavs lose in the first round and they add to their team... we lose two games short of the Finals and we get rid of half of our team.

Man I really gotta give it up to Cuban. I used to not like him because I thought he was an attention ***** but I take it all back after the class act he was tonight.

First he celebrated with the team on the bench, then he let the original founder/owner of the Mavs accept the trophy, then he didn't even want to talk to Stewart Scott and just kept saying it was all about the players and told him to talk to someone else. He was the exact opposite of an attention *****.

I have tremendous respect for Cuban now, that was all class, good for him, good for Mavs fans, enjoy the feeling cuz as a Suns fan I'm not sure if I'm ever gonna experience that. (like Cheese said, I'll forsure never experience it with this ownership:( )

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and for the love of GOD, Sarver, do the right thing and trade Nash to a team who's got a shot at the title! I sooooooooo don't want to see his last couple seasons trying his damndest on this ******* team we have.

Agreed. Let the guy try and win one.

Congrats Dallas.

LeBron......man what can I say. The guy just doesn't have "it". Wade was bound to have a bad game. He couldn't keep playing like he was. That is the time when LeBron was suppose to take over and have a "Wade like" game.

LeBron was a huge disappointment and is not the best player on his team as proven in this series. There is no other way to put it.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When does Riley become the new head coach of the Heat?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta tell you... if I'm Miami, I think SERIOUSLY about making a play for Dwight Howard and offer up LeBron in the process. He and Wade are amazing players, but a) I don't know how great of a fit they are b) that Heat team is SERIOUSLY weak in the middle. They have no inside out game and LeBron just can't handle the pressure. Throw a twin towers of Bosh-Howard downlow with Wade controlling the exterior and that team can win titles...

and it would just be hilarious to see LeBron banished to Orlando.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta tell you... if I'm Miami, I think SERIOUSLY about making a play for Dwight Howard and offer up LeBron in the process. He and Wade are amazing players, but a) I don't know how great of a fit they are b) that Heat team is SERIOUSLY weak in the middle. They have no inside out game and LeBron just can't handle the pressure. Throw a twin towers of Bosh-Howard downlow with Wade controlling the exterior and that team can win titles...

Holy crap you beat me to the punch. I just was talking to my brother and I said the exact same thing. I said, trading LeBron for Howard seems like a pretty good deal right now.

Seriously, it would shore up their middle and you already have a guy in Wade that will be clutch with the ball in his hands. With a front line of Howard and Bosh along with Wade????

Nobody beats that team.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

It won't happen, but, it should... Miami will try like hell to win a title with their Big 3. However, if they did dump LeBron in Orlando and grabbed Howard, I think they could easily multiple championships...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

That would be beyond Hilarous and Awesome.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Holy crap you beat me to the punch. I just was talking to my brother and I said the exact same thing. I said, trading LeBron for Howard seems like a pretty good deal right now.

Seriously, it would shore up their middle and you already have a guy in Wade that will be clutch with the ball in his hands. With a front line of Howard and Bosh along with Wade????

Nobody beats that team.

It won't happen, but, it should... Miami will try like hell to win a title with their Big 3. However, if they did dump LeBron in Orlando and grabbed Howard, I think they could easily multiple championships...

That would be beyond Hilarous and Awesome.

But, but, but!

He's the King!

chickenhead

Reaction score
Haha--that would create such a strange and intense rivalry between Miami and Orlando. Maybe it would even motivate LeBron to be merciless on the court.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

The thing is, Wade is already 29. I think most people think of him as 26 or 27, but there's an excellent chance that his career is already half over. Considering his injury history, he may have only four or five good years left. For comparison, Bryant is only 32 -- a mere 3 1/2 years older than Wade! -- and most writers think that he's near the end of the road as far as being a top-five player is concerned.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I wish the Suns could win a title. :sad:

Me too. :(

When does Riley become the new head coach of the Heat?

I agree I dont get people who think Spolstra is a good coach. I've seen it in other threads; "how can you not like Spolstra?" Uh it's got nothing to do with liking the guy. Just because the guy worked his way up from the mail room doesn't make him a good coach. He did no coaching and he made absolutely no adjustments the entire series. On the contrary, how many times did you hear him in timeouts saying "Just stay the course guys" he said it over and over again. Honestly I never heard him say anything but that even in his between-quarter interviews.

"Eric what did you tell the team at halftime"

"Uhh I said we just gotta stay the course."

You could see the Heat players weren't even remotely listening to him. The only reason the Heat kept him as coach was because they knew he would let Lebron and Wade walk all over him without conflict, which is what they thought was best but at some point, you need a coach to win it all.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson