10 yr Anniversary of Denny Green Crowning the Bears

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Denny's tirade is the 3rd best coach breakdown ever, in my opinion.

Only behind Jim Mora's "Playoffs?" speech, and Mora's underrated "Diddly-poo" tirade.

OP
OP
DeAnna

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Mine was Herm Edwards 'hello? you play to win the game' with that look on his face.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best meltdown ever.

And easily the most hilarious night ever on this board.

Last edited:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Has it only been ten years? Seems like a lifetime ago by now. Predating the whole Arians Era and the whole Whisenhunt era, and the end of Denny's too.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gawd I remember that night like it was yesterday. What an atmosphere in the new-at-the-time stadium. Absolutely electric. We listened to Denny's rant in the car in post-game traffic. I have the ticket stub buried around here someplace, I should find it and put it somewhere safe. I was also at the infamous Stanford/Cal game that ended with the TD through the Stanford Band, and inexcusably lost that stub at some point over the years.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Has it only been ten years? Seems like a lifetime ago by now. Predating the whole Arians Era and the whole Whisenhunt era, and the end of Denny's too.
Denny's claim to fame may be the driving force to bring Larry Fitgerald on to our team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but Denny EASILY takes the cake. "They are who we thought they were!" has been used across MULTIPLE entertainment spectrums... he's talking about us playing them well in the PRE-SEASON as if that means ANYTHING and then he ends it with the most classic moment of watching an inner-monologue moment playing out in his head of "ohhhhh man... WTF did I just say", swaying back and forth before getting the hell out of there.

he wins. all day. every day.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just doesn't seem possible. I remember it like it happened yesterday but it seems like it was a lifetime ago. It was at least 7 years before I could watch Denny's episode and finally smile.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
For one half at least...... I thought The Leeenart was our savior. SMH...... Silly me.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For one half at least...... I thought The Leeenart was our savior. SMH...... Silly me.

Yeah, that game plus all the gushing from people like Mike Ditka had me convinced we had the next great QB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard