0-2 is time for Rosen

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
when the cards get beat Sunday, and they will, they should go to Rosen.

See what you have, and if he has the makings of being the future.

They’re not winning more than 2-3 games with Bradford. Let the young kid get in there and develop.

The benefit is 3 fold. We never have to see Bradford again, Rosen gets experience, and the Cards get to see if they need to look at another Qb(Dwayne haskins) in this upcoming draft with their high draft pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think the Cardinals need to keep drafting a QB in each draft until they are sure they have it right.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They’re not winning more than 2-3 games with Bradford. Let the young kid get in there and develop.

The benefit is 3 fold. We never have to see Bradford again, Rosen gets experience, and the Cards get to see if they need to look at another Qb(Dwayne haskins) in this upcoming draft with their high draft pick.

No he wouldn't be developing he would be getting killed behind this line that's what would really be happening.

Hell Rams, Bears, Vikings, Broncos are like 4 of the next 5. Your trying to get Rosen killed

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Lmao.

Okay. Put your bias to the side.

Why in the world would look to draft another QB with a high draft pick?
Not biased at all. You’ve never heard me say a good word about OSU quarterbacks in the last 10 years.

This kid is the real deal.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Barring injury I wouldn't start him till after week 4 at best. If we continue to struggle offensively it will be due to online play and the worst thing you could due is get Rosen hammered for a season . I guess it all just depends on how they lose

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
the thing is..... our oline is not terrible... they aint the Hogs... but they are better than what we have rolled with in the past...and not the worst line in the nfc IMO.... these guys here will protect Rosen about as well as he can ever expect to be protected...well, at least four of them anyway...smith suxx ass
he just cant hold on to the ball very long

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Don't put Rosen in for his confidence to get shaken over the course of the season. Nothing kills a QB's career faster than being shoved into live bullets when he has no one to throw to or work with. If Bradford was the only issue? Sure. But is that the truth? None of the team showed anything Sunday.

I don't think we're going to win against the Rams, but let's hold off on panicking when there's only been one game so far.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Too soon for Rosen. Give him some more time to develop so he can be set up to succeed as much as possible. He showed flashes in the preseason but also some things to work on. Id rather not see him until week 6 earliest.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who do you think we are, the Browns or Jets?

I'm just saying the Cardinals should keep drafting a QB until they get it right. It doesn't always have to be an early pick but there is no guarantee Rosen is the QBOTF when he hasn't even played a regular season game yet.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As many have already posted, if we are down 2 starters on OL I would not throw Rosen to the wolves. I am not sure I start him even if we have Cole & Smith healthy and starting. I want a stable OL and at least 2 reliable WR's not including Johnson.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Let him learn and get hungry. He will be frothing at the mouth after the bye week. My concern is that Bradford goes down in the next couple of weeks and Rosen goes in too early.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Don't put Rosen in for his confidence to get shaken over the course of the season. Nothing kills a QB's career faster than being shoved into live bullets when he has no one to throw to or work with. .
Tell that to Peyton, Eli, Aikman etc.

I agree only to a slight extent, but if the QB is mentally tough & believes in himself he will succeed regardless.

There’s only one way to learn & that’s experience, plus I don’t think our Oline is as bad as last year. I think it’s serviceable

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Too soon. That's what Glennon is here for. You don't want Rosen out there until the new offense is dialed in a bit and the skill position players are set. Everything about this team is different this year. Fitz, Hump, Mike Iupati, and David Johnson are back and that's all, and Iupati and Johnson hardly played last year. HC is new, OC is new, QB is new. 3/5 linemen are new. Don't even know who the starting TE is.

Hard enough for a rook to come in and get it, let alone with everyone lost at the same time.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

I agree only to a slight extent, but if the QB is mentally tough & believes in himself he will succeed regardless.

There’s only one way to learn & that’s experience, plus I don’t think our Oline is as bad as last year. I think it’s serviceable
Not to mention he is from ucla...so he is no stranger to losing or getting hit.

Plus...if the preseason showed anything...it was that rosen likely runs the offense better than Bradford... At least he would throw downfield

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Phillip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady all say there's more than one way to bring a QB along.

There's plenty of examples of throwing guys to the wolves and ruining them aswell.

There is no right and wrong answer but if you don't need to put him in don't.

Like it was said earlier it would be one thing if QB play was what was holding us back but it's numerous things

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the smart decision (if Bradford continues to struggle) would be to move first to Glennon and then get Rosen in there late in the season, prepping him for being the #1 when training camp starts in '19.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see the benefit of putting Rosen in right now considering the OC and scheme. Did it benefit Goff to get thrown into a clusterfluck? I would say no but I suppose it did teach him how bad it could be. With a new head coach, offensive coordinator, scheme, etc. I would normally say yes to putting in a QBOTF. But I don't really see what the Cardinals are trying to do. It seems more dysfunctional than purposeful at this point.

I guess they are trying to say that they aren't in rebuild mode by not spending more time getting things working in the preseason and starting a QB and OC they know will likely be gone soon. At this particular point though, I'm not sure if there is a "right" move. On the one hand, the team doesn't seem ready to support a rookie QB but on the other hand, it seems very unlikely that this group is going to get to the post season so playing the QBOTF seems reasonable and prudent.

On the third hand, Rosen has had trouble staying healthy at the college level so throwing him to the proverbial wolves may not be such a good idea either. If I had to make a choice, I'd do as has been suggested in this thread already. Ride Bradford and Glennon, as ugly as that may be, and then pair Rosen with a good, developmental, passing game OC next year. And then play the players enough during the preseason to get them ready for the opener.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After the bye week. It’s fine.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. If we're not in the hunt at the bye, it's Rosen time. Also, we won't be in the hunt.

But, I think it's likely that Bradford, via pedestrian play or injury, forces the issue.

If we're 1-5 or 2-4 and trailing the Broncos at halftime, at home, in week 7, the fans who pay for seats will likely be on foaming at the mouth for something interesting to watch.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see the benefit of putting Rosen in right now considering the OC and scheme. Did it benefit Goff to get thrown into a clusterfluck? I would say no but I suppose it did teach him how bad it could be. With a new head coach, offensive coordinator, scheme, etc. I would normally say yes to putting in a QBOTF. But I don't really see what the Cardinals are trying to do. It seems more dysfunctional than purposeful at this point.

I guess they are trying to say that they aren't in rebuild mode by not spending more time getting things working in the preseason and starting a QB and OC they know will likely be gone soon. At this particular point though, I'm not sure if there is a "right" move. On the one hand, the team doesn't seem ready to support a rookie QB but on the other hand, it seems very unlikely that this group is going to get to the post season so playing the QBOTF seems reasonable and prudent.

On the third hand, Rosen has had trouble staying healthy at the college level so throwing him to the proverbial wolves may not be such a good idea either. If I had to make a choice, I'd do as has been suggested in this thread already. Ride Bradford and Glennon, as ugly as that may be, and then pair Rosen with a good, developmental, passing game OC next year. And then play the players enough during the preseason to get them ready for the opener.

A lot of great QBs stepped into ugly situations early in their careers. Handling adversity is a sign of greatness.

And while I get the injury concerns, it isn't a concern that will go away. Players don't get MORE durable as their career goes on. If Rosen is injury prone... then it is what it is, we may as well find that out sooner than later.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Phillip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady all say there's more than one way to bring a QB along.

There's plenty of examples of throwing guys to the wolves and ruining them aswell.

There is no right and wrong answer but if you don't need to put him in don't.

Like it was said earlier it would be one thing if QB play was what was holding us back but it's numerous things

Nice to see the voice of reason is prevailing in this thread.

Rosen could (could!) someday be an elite NFL QB, if he's handled/coached/managed correctly. He could be part of a team that finally delivers a SB trophy to our beloved franchise.

And yet some of you would throw him out there, two months into his professional career, with his slight frame, behind a patchwork offensive line, and when it will be apparent we're not going to win anything this year anyway? How could that possibly be the best long-term strategy for Rosen? What purpose would it serve, other than to satisfy your curiosity?